Hostage to the Devil - Malachi Martin

Enthralling documentary on Netflix.

Eternal rest give unto him O Lord.

I saw it yesterday.
He seemed to be a very humble and holy man with strong convictions.

Eternal rest, grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Malachi Martin *not *really a good source

Jimmy Akin the senior apologist at Catholic Answers noted on Catholic Answers live that (quote) his “works are shot through with problems” …“every work has multiple factual problems” …“unreliable”.

a very odd, controversial, intelligent, confused man. An ultratraditionalist priest who participated in preparing for vatican II in Rome, later came to believe that satan had taken over the church at her highest levels, wrote garbage-sensationalistic fabrications in b-rated novels about popes, the vatican, the church, etc, apparently had some affairs, was dispensed from his vows, seemed very attracted to notoriety. there’s a lot more-don’t recall it all now

good to know

1 Like

I truly love and loathe this place sometimes.

Malachi Martin is closer to the truth than any one of you, and may he pray for you all. I will too.

In his own words - you’re all being led by the nose out of Catholicism.

In Christ’s words: “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do”

Nope that would be incorrect.

Remaining firmly within the Catholic Church.

The Lord bless you and keep you.

You aren’t. You really aren’t.

Yes I am very *certainly *within the Catholic Church.

But the Lord be with you and yours.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.