Hot Wings Recipes

Lately I’ve been in the mood pretty frequently for hot wings. Could be pregnancy related, maybe not :o. Anyway, I just can’t afford to go out and buy them at the house of pizza several times a week :shrug:. Do you guys have any good recipes that I could try for making my own hot/buffalo wings? I don’t have a deep fryer, so that limits me. However, any recipes are welcomed!

TIA and God bless!

Not exactly wings, but have you had the buffalo dip with cream cheese and chicken? Way, way too addictive but oh so yummy. I don’t have an exact recipe but here’s a version. I melt a package of cream cheese over the stove. Dump in some hot sauce (lots if you’re us!) and add some shredded chicken until I like the consistency. I throw it all in a crock pot and devour usually using tortilla chips to get it to my mouth. I’ve seen this recipe as a layer dip but we prefer it all mixed together. We don’t even add the bleu cheese dressing but I bet that would be good.

Also, I will buy pre-cooked chicken patties for sandwiches. Bake as the directions call for and once again dump lots of hot sauce on it to make a buffalo chicken sandwich.

I use hot sauce as ketchup for fries so you’re talking my kind of food here.

Kris

Simmer some tabasco sauce and a tablespoon or so of butter on the stove top, stirring until thick. Meanwhile bake some chicken (actually start the chicken in advance). Dip the chicken in the sauce. Yum.

I absolutely love, crave, long for hot wings…but my recipes end up costing me more than say, BWW.

P.S. Did I mention how much I love them??:stuck_out_tongue:

I like to grill the wings and then goat them with the Tabasco/butter mixture.

My wife thinks my hot wings are the best, and I use my gas grill instead of fry.

I wash and dry the wings with paper towels, and brush with vegetable oil. Then I grill as I would for BBQ chicken (med heat, indirect, 15 minutes each side, just walk away and let them cook). Then I crank the heat up and use direct heat for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the skin and rend out more fat, watching therm like a hawk and turning as necessary so they don’t burn.

Then we toss with a mixture of hot sauce (Crystal, Louisiana Hot Sauce, whatever) and butter, enough to make the hot sauce stick. Crispy, not as much fat, really tasty. No fryer necessary.

Also, we prefer to use the “drumettes” – the meatiest part of the wing – rather than whole wings, but that’s just our preference.

I buy chicken wings when on sale. That means, I have to take them home and seperate them into 3 different sections.

The little end which I call “niblet”, I freeze and use it for chicken stock.

Once I’ve done that, I wash them, pat them dry and put them in a baking dish in a hot oven of 425.

Once completely cooked ~ I keep checking on them ~ , I put them in a bowl with butter and Franks Red Host sauce.

Toss to coat and I eat them with blue cheese dressing.

I deep fry the wings, but that is a hassle, plus the oil will cost you money. Perhaps you ought to try some of the other poster's suggestions for preparing the wings without deep frying. If you do deep fry, canola is not your best bet. If you don't, remember to season the chicken with some salt and pepper.

I think Frank's Hot Sauce is the ideal base for your coating. Melt a bit of butter, maybe 2T in a small pan. Add 1/2 cup Frank's, 2t cider vinegar, 1T dark brown sugar, and then add Tabasco or some type of Habanero sauce to taste. If you use Habanero, don't put in more than 1T, unless you are convinced you like volcanic food. Just melt it all nicely together.

Once your wings are crispy, coat them in some sauce at the last minute and immediately gobble down. Use extra sauce for dipping.

Nice with celery sticks and some type of cool dressing, like ranch or blue cheese.

This one is my husband’s favorite:
Dredge the chicken in cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Fry in oil.
The sauce: Melt about 2 tbsp butter, add to 1/2 tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 cup hot sauce. A splash of apple cider vinegar if you have any.

Follow the recipe on a bottle on Frank’s Hot Sauce.

anna, you are destroying the wing if you use batter

batter= not a real wing

follow the recipe on Franks, its good enough

if you want the real good wings, make sure you buy quality wings, and make sure you deep fry them

no deep frying, no real wiings

or, if you want an authentic sauce, you can buy it online
buffalofoods.com/wing_sauce.htm

I make a spice mixture of equal quantities of ground cayenne pepper, freshly crushed black peppercorns and salt. I then coat my chicken wings in this in proportion to how much salt is needed for the quantity of chicken. If I have a pound of wings, I will need a tablespoonful of the mix. Instead of freshly grinding the pepper, I use a mortar and pestle to crush it. It brings out a much stronger black pepper flavour.

I remove the wing tips since they puncture the bag. Place your wings in a plastic bag, Coat with pepper mixture and allow to sit for 1 hour before cooking.

Dredge in flour and shallow fry.

I use Frank’s Red Hot, but I also season the chicken before I fry/bake with spicy Texjoy Steak seasoning, onion flakes, black pepper, and white pepper.

Cook the wings any which way you want. Toss them with Famous Dave's Devil's Spit! Enjoy! It's en fuego :coolinoff:, but hurts in a good way! Devil's Spit is the only way I like to eat me some wangs!

I had pregnancy induced cravings for hot wings during my pregnancy too :D

I get a package of 20 something wings or boneless breast meat and chop that into bite sized pieces. Mix 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and salt in a large baggie or bowl with a lid. Put the chicken into the flour mixture and shake it so they are all well covered, then refrigerate it for at least an hour. Bake them at 375F until they are done (time varies but the juices will run clear when they are done... if I remember correctly it usually takes somewhere over half an hour but under an hour). I usually flip the wings after about 15 mins, but I've forgotten to do that before and it didn't hurt anything. Don't worry if some of the wings still have a whiteness from the flour mixture. In a small sauce pan combine 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup hot sauce (I am partial to Franks), 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or you can mince up some actual garlic to your taste - we like a lot of garlic). Once that is combined well, pour it over your wings in whatever serving dish you want to put them in and stir to make sure they are all coated with the sauce. My husband likes to have some celery pieces and ranch salad dressing as a palate cleanser, and I like to have lots of napkins and a full water glass.

If I'm making these for someone else, I usually leave the cayenne pepper out of the sauce.

Butter and franks Hot Sauce. Hot oven baked, not fried.

These are good, really good. A little preparation, but worth it. Marinate in a mixing bowl about 4 hours or so, tossing regularly: Small fresh chicken drumlets and wings, olive oil (just enough to coat), then coat with ground coriander seeds, cumin, salt, pepper, chopped cilantro. Put on grill at medium heat, until done (or you can do in oven on roasting pan with grate, 350F, 30-45 minutes).

Hot dipping sauce: Sriracha (the red sauce in the bottle with the rooster on the side), butter and cilantro: Mix ½ sriracha and ½ melted butter, with cilantro blended in as desired. You can also baste the wings toward the end of grilling with the hot sauce, but you need to watch closely because it is butter-based and can burn easily.

Tim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.