House Dems turn out the lights but GOP keeps talking

This is a hoot!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: Hat tip to the Republicans.:tiphat:

Update 4: The scene on the floor is kind of crazy. Normally, members are not allowed to speak directly to the visitor galleries, and visitors are prohibited from cheering. But in this case, the members are walking up and down on the floor during their speeches, standing on chairs. The visitors are cheering loudly. Some members even brought in visitors, who are now sitting on the House floor in the seats normally filled by lawmakers, cheering and clapping. Very funny.

Democrats faced a choice here: Should they leave the cameras on and let Republicans rip Pelosi & Co. on C-SPAN, or should they leave the cameras off and let the Republicans have their “tantrum,” as one Democratic aide characterized it, with the cameras off? So the cameras are off, but Republicans, and the crowd, are clearly enjoying the scene.

Update 6: Rep Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) just pretended to be a Democrat. He stood on the other side of the chamber and listed all of the GOP bills that the Dems killed.

He then said, “I am a Democrat, and here is my energy plan” and he held up a picture of an old VW Bug with a sail attached to it. He paraded around the House floor with the sign while the crowd cheered.

Sounds like the Democrats are practicing censorship. :mad:

You’re surprised? :stuck_out_tongue:

Rep. Pete Hoekstra is posting periodic updates via Twitter:

twitter.com/petehoekstra

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: This is good,people learning it is the US house. Pray as the leaders learn also for real leaders OF THE PEOPLE.:gopray2: :clapping:

Excellent OP!!

Do we have a list of the names of these great Republicans?!!

:thumbsup:

The scene on the floor is kind of crazy. Normally, members are not allowed to speak directly to the visitor galleries, and visitors are prohibited from cheering. But in this case, the members are walking up and down on the floor during their speeches, standing on chairs. The visitors are cheering loudly. Some members even brought in visitors, who are now sitting on the House floor in the seats normally filled by lawmakers, cheering and clapping.

Is it any wonder the approval rating of Congress is 14%? :nope:

Unsuspecting tourists were drafted to fill in seats. “I was surprised,” said Becky Evans, a visitor from Michigan. "We were here for a tour, and we were asked to come in and take a seat in the House."
Evans, a self-described Republican, supported the effort. “The fact that Democrats left before getting their work done is highly disappointing,” she said.
A strange partisan divide evolved during the event. Tourists who were signed up for tours with Republican congressmen and senators were frantically ushered in to fill seats on the chamber floor. But tourists with passes from Democratic offices watched from above, in the balconies.

“I was not impressed at all,” said Sue Miller from Memphis, Tennessee. "Democrats did not have a chance to defend themselves."
The chamber was half to two-thirds full during the speeches.

There is your typical, Democrat constituent response. Duh!! They didn’t have a “chance to defend themselves” because they shut down the session rather than stay to do the people’s work. They walked out!

Nancy Pelosi wouldn’t let congressmen vote on whether to allow more off-shore oil drilling. Then, she turned out the lights, shut off the microphones and kicked CSPAN out.

Who does she work for again? Oh yeah…us!!! We should fire her.

:nope:

Actually, it’s 9% according to this.
news.yahoo.com/s/rasmussen/20080708/pl_rasmussen/ratecongress20080708

:yup:

Time for a Constitutional Convention to force term limits on Congress

8 years in House
12 years in Senate
14 years max in both.

You are absolutely right.

I thought I heard it was 6% , but regardless, our “legislators” at their finest.:rolleyes: Wouldn’t it be nice to actually have ADULTS running our country? Pretty soon it will be 0%.

-6% :smiley:

LOL…Oh yeah…maybe that was it!:stuck_out_tongue:

I agree about having adults in the Congress, but first we have to educate the voting public as to what these yahoos have done while they were there. Sadly, all they would say is “but my Congressperson is fine. It’s all the others”, blah,blah,blah.

Agreed…it’s the voting public that puts them in there in the first place…in this country as a whole, the apathy has been pretty common…no one watches to see what really goes on. I must say, with the birth of the internet, (has its pros and cons) it makes it a tad easier to keep track…a lot of the newspapers are so left slanting…you really don’t know what’s going on. If it’s not to the advantage of the far left…they don’t even bother with it.

Apathy is the order of the day…so when people complain, that’s the first thing I ask…did you vote your legislator into office…if you didn’t, you have no right to complain…but you can kick yourself in the pants.

Just an open question to Speaker Pelosi, doesn’t everyone have the constitutional right of freedom of speech, even if you don’t agree with it?
that’s the very laws I thought you are suppose to uphold when you took your oath of office:mad:

Remember their schtick…rules for everyone else but they are the “no rules” party.:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.