House holds Holder in contempt over ‘Fast and Furious’ documents

washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/28/house-eric-holder-contempt-vote-fast-furious-probe/

A bipartison political spanking for Mr. Holder and President Obama.

Mr. Holder shut down the operation, but his efforts to clean up after it have come under scrutiny. The Justice Department initially told Congress it never knowingly lost track of guns, but after whistleblowers made it clear that this was false, Mr. Holder had to withdraw that claim.

Why do they print lies like that? Holder claimed he hadn’t even heard of the program - let alone shut it down.

If by bipartisan you mean under threat of the NRA.

Please… I beg to differ… this program of the gun running was started under the previous administration… It was a very bad idea. Mr. Holder when he found out about it, put a stop to it. He has apparently tried to give them all sorts of documents… these people see no reason… I suspect very strongly that they are out to get him. They have it in for him as you say… This is not a religious issue. This is politics… why is this on this forum? Has the Catholic church now become an adjunct of the Republican party because if they have… let me tell you something… the Republican party is just as against God as the Democrats with their pro abortion agenda. Mr. Bush caused the death of over 100000. Iraqis with his unjustified war for weapons of mass destruction. Where were they found? Where were they found? They never found… Ulicka

Source?

Shouldn’t the NRA be cheering Holder’s actions?

Sorry, but you don’t know what you are talking about. While Eric Holder claimed that under oath before congress, the Justice Department sent a “retracting letter” admiting that it was false testimony.

According to Grassley’s memo, Justice said that Holder “inadvertently” made the charge against Mukasey in a hearing.

Here is the full text of the Grassley memo:

To: Reporters and Editors

Re: Second retraction of Fast and Furious Assertions

Da: Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Justice Department has retracted a second statement made to the Senate Judiciary Committee. During a hearing last week, Attorney General Eric Holder claimed that his predecessor, then-Attorney General Michael Mukasey, had been briefed about gunwalking in Operation Wide Receiver. Now, the Department is retracting that statement and claiming Holder “inadvertently” made that claim to the Committee. The Department’s letter failed to apologize to former Attorney General Mukasey for the false accusation. This is the second major retraction the Justice Department has made in the last seven months. In December 2011, the Department retracted its claim that the ATF had not allowed illegally purchased guns to be trafficked to Mexico. Sen. Chuck Grassley’s letter and the Department’s response can be viewed here-1.

washingtonexaminer.com/holder-retracts-claim-bush-team-knew-about-fast-and-furious/article/2500157

Holder lied and Mexicans died.

Source that Holder “stopped” it??? He claims he didn’t even know about it!

No, the current administration expanded it.

“Wide Receiver” under the previous administration was an actual tracking program, “Fast and Furious” was a “gunwalking” program.

Under “Wide Receiver”, 300-450 guns were sold with implanted RFID chips and with video or aerial surveillance, AND the knowledge of the Mexican government.

Under “Fast and Furious”, 2,000+ guns were sold, without any tracking device, or knowledge of the Mexican government. ATF agents sold thousands of guns without a reliable way to recover them, apparently just hoping for the best.

Wrong Bush’s incompetents at the border ran Operation Wide receiver. It was shutdown in 2007 because of seriously flawed tracking devices and too smart gunrunners. It led to some low level low lives getting busted and nothing further tried until Obama, Holder and Clinton came along.

True…

But not the ones that were requested by a congressional oversight committee….

Nixon probably said the same thing

in which case paranoia is no excuse.

Forum is world news …. This is news…

Adjunct of Republocrats or Demopublicans; they are not church nor Church them. No one maintains such nonsense.

And your point is what….imperial governments can do pretty much what they want. What’s new there. But say what you want about it, at least Bush got congressional approval something the current chief executive doesn’t think he needs.

Forget “reliable”, the ATF sold thousands of guns to known drug traffickers with NO way to recover them. Their own agents in Mexico were not even told about the program.

:rolleyes:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, said the vote was a black eye for the GOP.

I love it. A Democrat AG is found to be in contempt by a vote with a very large margin, and it’s a black eye for the GOP. :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t you get the memo… GOP are facistists who eat kittens.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Bush_eb5a7f_148240.jpg

Different program, I believe.

Irrelevant. He is to give them what they request, not whatever he chooses. If you owe the government a $1000 fine, you don’t pay them $600 and say, “hey, I paid you all sorts of cash!”

Duh. Of course they are, and perhaps for very good reason - we’ll see, won’t we?

Ummm, you see at the top, where it says “World News?” Yeaaaahhhh. This isn’t a religion forum, it is for “World News.”

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddd once again, we decide to hide behind the Bush.

Did anyone bring up abortion in this topic? Did anyone even bring up the DNC platform? You may think republicans are evil, and that is you prerogative, but you can still call a spade a spade when people of your ilk do wrong.

Watch me, I’ll show you.

I like conservative Senators. However, I think guys like John Ensign are disgusting, and glad they are no longer on my television.

P.S. - Congress voted to send us to Iraq, and was controlled by gasp democrats. And they saw the same evidence Bush did! Egads!

P.P.S - Bush could do whatever he wanted, per those who support Obama’s unoffical amendment of existing laws on immigration. By the left’s definition, no president has ever actually done anything wrong - they simply did what they had to, and that is good enough. So no more complaints from the left. Thanks.

NRA pressure

What nonsense. The NRA doesn’t have any pressure only the opinions of NRA members who happen to be constituents of the various members districts have pressure. So these Democrats fear their constituents opinions of their vote. How shameless. :blush:

I think 800 years from now George W Bush is going to be looked upon as a martyr because of the way the Left vehemently attacks and blames him for everything.

[LIST]
*]Obama’s AG shipped guns to Mexican drug cartels which murdered thousands of innocent Mexicans and a Border Patrol agent…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]Medicare is going bankrupt because ObamaTax took $500 Billion out of it and the Democrats want to do nothing to reduce costs…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]Social Security is going bankrupt…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]Egypt is now run by the Muslim Brotherhood…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]Syria is murdering its own people…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]The BP oil spill…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]Gas is too pricey…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]My car won’t start…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]The In and Out Burger closed before I could get my order…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]My husband farted under the sheets…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]I forgot what I was thinking about…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]A quasar in a far-distant galaxy swallowed up a planet and two stars…It’s Bush’s fault.
*]Jesus was crucified…It’s Bush’s fault.
[/LIST]

:rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

NARAL anyone?

I’m in favor of eliminating Congressional lobbying entirely. Boehner passing out checks from the tobacco industry on the house floor right before the tobacco industry subsidy vote in '95 was the last straw.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.