House, Senate intel chiefs flag Islamic State risk

WASHINGTON (AP) — Leaders of the House and Senate intelligence committees on Sunday prodded President Barack Obama to take decisive action against what they say are growing threats from Islamic State militants on U.S. soil.

The lawmakers, one Republican and one Democratic, offered bipartisan pressure on the White House to turn back the hazard of Islamist fighters who have taken control of vast swaths of Syria and Iraq. Those militants now are looking toward the United States or Western Europe for its next targets, lawmakers said.

Without offering specifics on any threats, the lawmakers said Obama soon needs to develop a comprehensive strategy to crush the fighters.

“His foreign policy is in absolute free-fall,” said Rep. Mike Rogers, a Michigan Republican who heads the House Intelligence Committee.

In another TV interview, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who leads the Senate intelligence panel, said Obama is perhaps “too cautious” in his approach to combatting the Islamic State group.

“This is a group of people who are extraordinarily dangerous,” Feinstein said. “And they’ll kill with abandon.”

news.yahoo.com/senator-obama-may-too-cautious-militants-130248074–politics.html

I am really afraid for our country. I don’t think Obama has a plan, nor is he interested in foreign policy. God help us all.

Me too for the fact that this group is the richest terrorist group in history and one of the most extreme. I think Obama does have a plan and that since ISIS looks for reactions, I think Obama is trying to hide reactions in hopes perhaps ISIS will make err in being prideful and arrogant. Maybe trying to be unpredictable. Or at least I hope that is the case with his statement of we do not have a plan yet for ISIS. I think that most of the countries that are “targets or potential targets” are not sure how to take and react to such an extreme group. I think they are kinda caught off guard about ISIS being so gruesome and appear to be succeeding in their personal plans.

Obama does not seem to have a coherent plan on what to do about Islamic State and I fear that this is going to cost us in the long run. I have a very strong fear that eventually we will be seeing another terrorist attack in the United States of Islamic State is not dealt with immediately.

He’d better come up with a plan to deal with ISIS while they’re still in the Middle East, because if he waits until they carry out an action within our borders, the reaction will leave many victims among U.S. Muslims not associated with ISIS. I’m not saying that’s right (it’s not), but I am predicting that it will happen.

I agree that he better come up with a plan to deal with them. In my opinion, it would be grievously irresponsible of him to not do so. By failing to act, he is exposing our nation to a serious risk of a terrorist attack at the hands of Islamic State.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.