How can I arrange for one on one free bible interpretation lessons

I would also like to learn more so I would like an experienced Catholic to come to my home to teach me more individually. Is there an online form I can fill out? How long does it take before the first lesson?

Thanks everyone.

Dr. Robert Sungenis does Bible studies by e-mail if you’re interested. catholicintl.com/ You may want to contact a priest or religious around your area as well.

thank you very much :slight_smile:

I think I would prefer home visits - its better having someone come face to face. How long do you think it will take to arrange? Are there like 6 month courses? (I have no money so it will have to be free)

I haven’t really heard of anybody in particular who does that sort of thing. I think it’s unlikely, especially for free. Your best bet is to ask a priest or religious, since they have to live in poverty anyways. Where do you live?

DK if this would help…or even if they do this anymore.

I was planning to become Catholic once upon a time…actually, I was about-if memory serves-about 18.
I was going to school in Bryn Mawr, PA, and the church there actually offered me one-on-one instruction with a nun. She was very nice, I met her at the church…I think once a week? Something like that.

-you think that the local church would do this for you?

Thanks everyone I will follow your advise

I’m very exicited about it. I’ll let everyone know how I get on:)

The only ones doing this, in my experience, are Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses. You can get free instruction from many parishes but you have to get to the parish. The vast majority of Bible studies cost something although there is a free one online at St. Charles Borromeo parish in Picayune, MS. (which has a great website) “Bread of Life” bible study.

John Martignoni at www.biblechristiansociety.com has 20 plus bible cd’s and mp3 downloads for free.

Even the fundamentalist “B S F Internationat” costs money and requires one to get to the weekly sessions.

Catholic Scripture Studies offers very in-depth studies:

cssprogram.net/

But that is moderately pricey, very pricey if you buy the dvds and leader material to do it on your own.

In our day and age, it’s rare to find what you’re looking for, one-to-one, in your home, free bible tutoring.

That level of “service” would more likely be available from someone who already knew you.

Otherwise, it seems suspicious to me that you would expect to have a stranger come into your home on your terms – without telling me more, for example, why you need this on an in-home basis.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.