How can I become a Catholic?

Today i decided that i want to convert to catholicism from lutheranism. I have always felt a feeling , even after feeling dreadful sorrow for sins(for now i do not feel comfortable telling others about) that i have committed in the past. At the moment i am struggling, I go to a catholic high school and they offer mass weekly, i’ve been going whenever i see the day it is up. Some days the priest offers confession. I thought that if i went to the sacrament it would heal me, but i soon found out that only catholics may receive it, which in hindsight makes perfect sense since it is a sacrament. All i as is how can i step up and make a conversion, i feel as so i will be betraying my lutheran pastor and my family by doing this, but it looks to be the right path for me to take. I would greatly appreciate some help.

This link should give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]How to Become a Catholic
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.