How can i convert my step dad

i need help to convert my step dad he says he will go to church but he never does any advice?

Bribe him! :D

Offer to take him out to lunch after Mass together...
Might be an easy way to start... :shrug:

[quote="avemaria2010, post:1, topic:222689"]
i need help to convert my step dad he says he will go to church but he never does any advice?

[/quote]

Pray for him. It's going to take more than you, it's the Holy Spirit who needs to get hold of him. Say the rosary for him. Pray to St. Monica and St. Augustine.

Will he go on the "Big Days?" Christmas and/or Easter? Will he go for your birthday? Does he have another religion or is he completely unchurched? That will affect how you approach him.

But it's not your responsibility to save his soul. That belongs to God alone.

:)

[quote="TheRealJuliane, post:3, topic:222689"]
Pray for him. It's going to take more than you, it's the Holy Spirit who needs to get hold of him. Say the rosary for him. Pray to St. Monica and St. Augustine.

[/quote]

:doh2:
Probably should have been my first suggestion...

Well, the bad news is that you can't convert your dad. Only God can.

The good news, though, is that you can influence the process. :)

Prayer, penance, sacrifice, fasting, etc., offered up to God for the conversion of your dad will result in more and stronger graces to influence him and soften his hardened (towards God) heart. The greatest "lever" of an Apostle in opening hardened hearts toward God is his/her knees. Get on your knees and pray (before the Blessed Sacrament, the Rosary). Fast one or two days for him. Go to Mass during the week and offer that. Offer up every anxiety and aggravation. Get others to help likewise. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.