How can I explain the difference between the Eucharist for Catholics and the Lutheran Church?

My mother attends a Lutheran church and I have tried to explain to her that when she receives Communion, she is not really receiving the true body and blood of Jesus, that the Lutheran church does not believe in transsubstantiation as the Catholic Church does. They believe in consubstantiation, as I understand it, that the presence of Jesus is with and under the earthly substances of bread and wine. She argues with me that the Pastor says the Last Supper discourse - take this in rememberance of me and so she believes that when she physically takes the bread and wine, that it turns into the body and blood of Christ in her. I asked her Pastor what their belief was, and of course, he said that if you take a consecrated host, that you only see the early substance, to try to disprove the Catholic Church’s belief. So I asked him if they believed in the Holy Trinity and he said they did. So I asked him why they believed one mystery and not another. Anyway, my Mom is confused and obviously the Lutheran Church is not explaining their position and belief on the distribution of Communion to their church goers. Am I explaining it to her correctly and how do I get her to better understand that the Lutheran Church simply uses the earthly substances as symbols when distributing Communion? Thank you for your help with this.

These links should be helpful for understanding the Roman Catholic Church’s teachings on transubstantiation. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
The Eucharist IS Scriptural!**
]Transubstantiation for Beginners by Canon Francis J. Ripley
]
The Glory of Transubstantiation by Abbot Vonier**
]**Real Presence (Fathers)**
]Christ in the Eucharist
]Who Can Receive Communion?
]**Sacrifice of the Mass (Fathers)

*]The Institution of the Mass
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.