How can I get past my anger?

I know that forgiving is an important attribute of being Catholic, I have been at odds with my sister-in-law for over a year, she has said and done horrible things to me as well. I am finding it so difficult to forgive her and get past my anger. I know that this is not how I should be dealing with this I just can’t find the ability to forgive her. It is very important to me to lead a good catholic life and do what is expected, but I can not get past this and it causes such turmoil for me. Please help :confused: :confused:

Dear friend,

Look to the passion of the Lord. There you will find the one who forgives you. He is the only one who can help you. He is the Master of forgiveness because He is the Master of love. Ask Him to make up for your lack. Focus on Him and on how much more reason He has for being angry for the pain He didn’t deserve. Just keep yourself focussed on thanking Him for Good Friday. You will be fine.

Fr, Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.