How Can I Get to Know Mary Better?

Hey everyone,

Well, I’ve been a practicing Catholic all my life, and of course Mary has been a part of my life all along. I’ve prayed the rosary, read about Lourdes, Fatima, and Guadaloupe. I’ve said endless Hail Marys and Hail Holy Queens. I love and honor Mary, but I really feel like I don’t know her all that well. Part of her remains a mystery to me. I’d like to get close to her. Can you please give me some tips?

-Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

It sounds like you’ve been doing quite a lot in terms of getting to know Mary!

If you haven’t read anything by St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort, then I would advise you to do just that. I think that reading his *The Secret of Mary *and *True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin *will definitely shape your future relationship with Our Lady.

Also, feel free to follow along with the daily readings as part of my “33 Day Preparation for Consecration to Mary” thread. While there’s no pressure for you to make this consecration on the Feast of the Assumption, maybe something there will eventually strike you, as well.

Have you ever read ‘True Devotion’ by St Louis de Montfort? that really helped me to know Mary better :slight_smile:

also there are other good books like ‘the Glories of Mary’ by St Alphonsus Liguori.

Mary is a very loving Mother to us…sometimes it takes time developing a ‘relationship’ with her though, but it’s very much worth it :slight_smile: but try to not rely on feelings, if you pray the Rosary and are devoted to Our Lady, I’m sure that pleases her and God a lot already.

God bless

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.