How can I motivate myself to go to Mass?

I come from a Catholic family, was raised Catholic, went to Catholic schools, have a bachelors and masters degree from two Catholic Universities, love reflection, believe in God and identify deeply with my Catholic faith, yet I can’t find any motivation to go to Mass, which makes me feel so guilty and as a horrible person.

I know going to church is important. Major events in my and my family’s lives occur in churches—events filled with joy such as baptisms and weddings, and events filled with sorrow where it’s important that people come together, such as funerals. I love going to confession, and whenever I go to mass I feel so spiritually rejuvenated. A few months ago I had a major death in the family and prayed the rosary for nine days and felt so at peace. Knowing how great Mass makes me feel, I don’t feel like going on Sundays, and can’t understand it. I want to be a good Catholic but I just don’t do it. I can't think of anything that's really bringing myself away from going either. I just am not motivated to go. How can I improve? Am I doomed? Help.

The following link should help answer your question. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

What if I don’t feel like going to Mass?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.