How can I overcome a witch?

I am a spirit-filled catholic together with my household. I promised God that i will worship Him as a married woman. But The man my husband takes as a father has shown himself to me as a wicked witch using every member of the family for his selfish gains. He lies like the devil himself. Because striff happens when two powers clash, he has never supported my young marriage, but has cornyingly ploted against it. But God Almighty is with me.There is nothing he has not done to harm me some how, but God has saved me from him forever. He goes to church and recieves communion, but he doesnt encourage those under him to do so. He stopped my family’s May and October devotions in my own house. I am helpless in enforcing Catholic doctrins and Bible teachings because of this man. He has a family, but he has lived with us for the past 5 months, doing nothing in the physical to earn money. But he has been engaging me in spiritual battles. He does nothing for a living, but he is a chief, living big with my husbands sweat.I read about witches and his activites fits perfectly well. Please, how do catholics overcome witches?

did you say he is a witch or just acts mean?
Don’t read any more about witches, read the bible

That is quite a bold statement and seemingly quick assessment of your father-in-law. Be that as it may, there are a few things you can do in your prayer life and in your home. First, pray for your enemies, real or percieved. Pray before meals, after meals and at any other occasion that calls for prayer. Don’t waste an opportuity to pray. If he sneezes, don’t just say “bless you”, say “God bless you”. Don’t talk about “luck” or being lucky about this or that…remember that it is divine providence not luck or coincidence. Have for yourself a life of prayer, a life of the spirit. Don’t be concerned over what you may percieve as witchcraft or whatever other evil activity. Don’t give importance to it. Your job is to pray. Keep holy water in your home, at the entrance. Inside of a font or other receptacle that will hold water. Identify it as holy water by placing a crucifix over the font. Your priest will gladly bless the water. Use your sacramentals: Rosary, St. Benedict Medal; St. Michael Archangel etc etc. Learn the prayer of St. Benedict, learn the prayer of St. Michael and pray that the Lord gives you the discernment to use these prayers at the proper time. Follow the Scriptures as they unfold in Sunday Liturgy. All in all, these are your tools and your weapons that you must pick up daily and throughout the day. And pray , pray , pray.
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.

Doesn’t sound like a witch to me, and I am a former one. But that aside, you sound like you really do need this person out of your life. What does your husband have to say about this? You can’t be the only one who does not want him living with you. Get together and tell him he better move out. Of course, prayer would ultimately help more than anything. I don’t think God would want you to live with someone this awful, at least no more than you can handle. God bless you with your problem.

It sounds as if you are very angry with him and he is getting to you in a bad way—I think it might be a leap to suspect he is into the occult, but just talk to someone who can see you face to face—like a parish priest. He will direct you in whatever way you need to go.

First of all he needs to move out for both moral and spiritual reasons.

I say this because I had a Priest tell me once that we have to be very careful of who we allow to enter our homes because they carry with them choices and if they are bad choices they bring those with them.

If I were you I would simply get him out of your house. You can still pray for him but why let him take advantage of you and ruin your spiritual life at home?

Beloved,
I thank God for bringing me to this site. Thank you all out there.
However, the truth of the matter is that, yesterday, I was emotionally suffocating.
My husband and I were childhood friends. When it was time for me to get married, I went to God for this. When he came I was convinced beyond any doubt it was him. (My childhood friend!) .
But his sister was a stumbling block.

He promised me that it was his sister’s husband who will give the approval and not her. But he turned out to be the worst nightmere.

In their house, i started having , I nightmares in my life. The following morning he invited me to his sitting room. Still in a tight mood, he bombarded me with unfair allegations, ridicule and mockery. I endured all and took time to explain things to them, (At a point his wife came back and joined us). When he saw he had nothing against me, he exchanged glance with his wife and and managed his statements. I felt humiliated but encouraged.I forgave them instantly and took them as my parents in-law.He isisted on carrying out our marriage rites for us in our absence.

Their story is that; My husband said he finished secondary school; His in-law took him to overseas where he discovered a vibrant business, which was different from the one he was doing. After which, he used his capital to open a shop for him. Though my husband was still very young, he was doing well. God blessed him. After a year, his in-law brought another person to come and learn from my husband. The new boy learnt the business and served in the business. At completion of his service, he was set free.
Because, the business was moving well, his in-law went back to Nigeria and built a befitting house, took chieftaincy titles and lived the status of a high chief, meaning, a life of affluence with the money my husband was making. He adopted three baby boys.

This man recruited four more boys to learn the business. The agreement with these boys was settle them like the other one, after serving.My husband did not even go home to bury his father when he died. This wicked man takes the glory of burrying my father in-law till tomorrow.(all lies).

Since I joined my husband here, I discovered my husband had been under serious mind manipulations. Naturally, he is kind, peace loving, intelligent, runs away from troubles and kind to every one. But at times he would do things that don’t fit into his character.

For no just cause, I suffered hatred from every one around me; I remembered of the nightmares I had been having since after my visit to this man. (I would be in the dream, I would be pursued by men in black and red gowns, anywhere i run to, people would close their doors against me. Nobody would tell me what I had done wrong.) According to Christian principles, I did not discuss my ordeals or pay back evil for good. I followed Christ with my cross. (What hurt most was my husbands’ insubordination to my good gestures because, whatever this man stands for had been law even before I got married.) There has been so much confusion, but the grace of God leads me.

This man had visited us for the past five months. Very unusual. However, since he came and found that I was at peace with all men around me, he had been inciting my husband against people and my husband has been acting contrary to his belief without any explanation. It was my husband that told me everything I know about their relationship, and this man used his own mouth and confirmed all my husbands’ story.

A situation where my husband can’t enjoy the fruit of his labor in life. It is only this man that doesn’t know the value of money that spends it on God knows what, is abhors unto God and man. The children under my husband take orders from this man, even, they said this man forbid them to talk to their parents back home, while as, their parents hold my husband accountable for these children.
This man thought that whatever he did worked for him. He told me more than once that I should thank him after eating the food my husband brought, which I cooked. He maintains that my husbands business is for him and his blood brother. (According to my husband, this man brought this his brother here, even before he brought my husband. But he did not stay. When my husband started making money, he sent this his brother to learn another line of business. From my husband’s capital, he runs his business, but never has he accounted for the capital, not to talk of profit. My husband finances all their family expenses.)

I have caught this man on two occasions chanting incoherently, He tells my husband bad things about every other person. I was the one that learnt that he doesn’t say anything about my husband.!
Please can any one feel my plight?
God is in control. Speaking out heals too. I feel great now.

It sounds as if you are dealing with cultural issues many Americans are not familiar with. Whether or not this man is using witchcraft is hard to tell from a distance.

But what you can do is develop a devotion to St. Michael the Archangel, and say the prayer to him often.

St. Michael the Archangel
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do thou, oh Prince of the Heavenly Hosts,
Cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits
Who roam through the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Pray the rosary often in your room where no one can see you. Pray to St. Joseph, terror of demons. The saints can help drive anything evil from your home.
Good luck!

Where are you from? Why can’t your husband ask your Father -n-Law to leave your home? I pray you get him out of your home soon!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.