How can I respond to allegations about Pope Francis?

Hello,

Recently, I have been getting bombarded by both Catholics and non-Catholics about Pope Francis. Mostly, the discussion is about how he is liberal and finally loosening up the Church. My response is that he is upholding the teaching of the Catholic Church and that is his job. Now, since he has been named “Man of the Year” by Time, I have been getting all kinds of questions about him being a Communist etc. I don’t even know how to reply and where this is coming from. Can someone please respond on this issue? I am amazed at how many people in the last few weeks have said something specifically about this topic.

(Oh and he was a bouncer too…which means???)

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*] [Akin]
*] Pope Francis, in revolutionizing the Catholic church, is as radical as he is orthodox:
*]Pope Francis, in new interview, denies he is Marxist,
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.