How can I show Mary how much I love her?

Sometimes I can’t believe how much I love Mary. She is just so wonderful, and she’s never given up on me. I worry about hurting her and I’m trying to glorify her Son in the best way I can. I think one of those ways is by loving His mother.

So…has Mary ever said in any of her apparations which prayer she likes the best? (I would think Hail Marys but you never know.) What sort of acts does she like people to do? In short, what can I do to make her happy and ease her suffering? I love her so much!!

Thank you

There are many ways you can show the BVM how much you love her. The 2 big things you can do, she has said they go hand in hand, is wear her brown scapular and pray the rosary. I have heard that each hail Mary we say on the rosary, we are adorning her with a rose. In addtion, pray for the holy souls in purgatory, and the unborn. Plus having an adoration to both her Immaculate Heart and the Sacred Heart of Jesus will be most pleasing to her. As far as reparation to her IH for indifference to her and the pain she suffers due to ingratitude, there is the devotion to the Seven Sorrows. I have a little booklet called “The Pieta Prayer Book”. I love this book! It has many prayers and devotions as well as the benefits and/or promises that go along with the prayers and devotions. I picked it up at Holy Hill in Wisconsin, but they have a website that you can order it from. It is www.mlor.com. “Love me and make others love me.”, BVM.

:slapfight: (pro-life vs pro abortion)

<<So…has Mary ever said in any of her apparations which prayer she likes the best?>>

Does it matter what these reputed apparitions claim?

We know for sure from the Holy Gospels that the last thing she’s recorded as saying is, “Whatever my Son says to you, do it.”

Therefore it follows that the best way to show love for the Most Holy Theotokos is to be obedient to her divine Son.

Wow!
Reading your post makes me want to love our Lady more too!
The Holy Mass, the Rosary and the Scapular. I also think that offering little sacrifices during your day pleases Her a lot! Have you read St. Louis Montfort’s Total Consecration? Sounds like exactly what you may be looking for!
God Bless!
To Jesus, through Mary

aw that is so beautiful and I’m sure she’s pleased even just with your desire to please her, and glorify Jesus! :slight_smile: There are several things that I thought of…

Mary told Bl. Alan de la Roche (I think…) that what she loves most in the Church after the Holy Mass is the Rosary :slight_smile:

maybe this would also help:

One day when Saint Mechtilde was praying and was trying to think of some way in which she could express her love of the Blessed Mother better than she had done before, she fell into ecstasy. Our Lady appeared to her with the Angelic Salutation in flaming letters of gold upon her bosom and said to her: "My daughter, I want you to know that no one can please me more than by saying the salutation which the Most Adorable Trinity sent to me and by which He raised me to the dignity of Mother of God.

"By the word Ave (which is the name Eve, Eva), I learned that in His infinite power God had preserved me from all sin and its attendant misery which the first woman had been subject to.

"The name Mary which means ‘lady of light’ shows that God has filled me with wisdom and light, like a shining star, to light up Heaven and earth.

"The words full of grace remind me that the Holy Spirit has showered so many graces upon me that I am able to give these graces in abundance to those who ask for them through me as Mediatrix.

"When people say The Lord is with thee they renew the indescribable joy that was mine when the Eternal Word became incarnate in my womb.

"When you say to me blessed art thou among women I praise Almighty God’s Divine mercy which lifted me to this exalted plane of happiness.

“And at the words blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus, the whole of Heaven rejoices with me to see my Son Jesus Christ adored and glorified for having saved mankind.”

:slight_smile: the quote is from St Louis De Montfort’s “Secret of the Rosary”, which I highly recommend!! it’s available for free on this website:
catholictradition.org/Classics/secret-rosary.htm

(but just so you know, the author of this website seems to be against VII… yet there’s nothing like that in the book itself :))

Have you ever read “True Devotion to Mary” also by St Louis de Montfort? It’s a book that really brought me closer to her and to Jesus through her :slight_smile: you are right that by honouring our Blessed Mother, we are glorifying Jesus too… there is competition between them at all, all that we’re asked to keep in mind is that Jesus should be the ‘end’ of our devotion. :slight_smile: but we can’t love Our Lady too much, if it’s for His sake!

Also you can offer prayers in reparation for offenses against her Immaculate Heart… for example, for how people deny her Immaculate Conception and other dogmas, and don’t honour her.

Also I think something that REALLY pleases Our Lady is asking her to help us love Jesus more, and our participation in the Mass :slight_smile: the more we love her Son, the more she is pleased!

God bless you!

The 2 big things you can do, she has said they go hand in hand, is wear her brown scapular and pray the rosary. I have heard that each hail Mary we say on the rosary, we are adorning her with a rose.

the scapular too! :thumbsup:

and the 7 Sorrows devotion… it’s great :slight_smile:

here’s what you may be referring to about the Hail Marys:

EVER SINCE Blessed Alan de la Roche re-established this devotion the voice of the people, which is the voice of God, called it the Rosary. The word Rosary means “Crown of Roses,” that is to say that every time people say the Rosary devoutly they place a crown of one hundred and fifty-three red roses and sixteen white roses upon the heads of Jesus and Mary. [Emphasis added.] Being heavenly flowers these roses will never fade or lose their exquisite beauty.

Our Lady has shown her thorough approval of the name Rosary; she has revealed to several people that each time they say a Hail Mary they are giving her a beautiful rose and that each complete Rosary makes her a crown of roses.

The well-known Jesuit, Brother Alphonsus Rodriguez, used to say his Rosary with such fervor that he often saw a red rose come out of his mouth at each Our Father and a white rose at each Hail Mary. The red and white roses were equal in beauty and fragrance, the only difference being in their color.

The chronicles of Saint Francis tell of a young friar who had the praiseworthy habit of saying the Crown of Our Lady (the Rosary) every day before dinner. One day for some reason or other he did not manage to say it. The refectory bell had already been rung when he asked the Superior to allow him to say it before coming to the table, and having obtained the permission he withdrew to his cell to pray.

After he had been gone a long time the Superior sent another Friar to fetch him, and he found him in his room bathed in a heavenly light facing Our Lady who had two Angels with her. Beautiful roses kept issuing from his mouth at each Hail Mary; the Angels took them one by one, placing them on Our Lady’s head, and she smilingly accepted them.

Finally two other friars who had been sent to find out what had happened to the first two saw the same lovely scene, and Our Lady did not go away until the whole Rosary had been said.

So the complete Rosary is a large crown of roses and the Rosary of five decades is a little wreath of flowers or a small crown of heavenly roses which we place on the heads of Jesus and Mary. The rose is the queen of flowers, and so the Rosary is the rose of all devotions and it is therefore the most important one

(Secret of the Rosary)

it’s true that Our Lady is pleased when we are obedient to Jesus… but also it pleases Jesus when we honour His Mother :slight_smile: so devotion to Jesus and Mary goes together… and that’s where the Rosary, the scapular, the 7 Sorrows, etc, comes from. We honour Mary and Jesus is pleased, and because He is pleased, she is as well. Jesus wants us to love our Mother Mary too.

Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Dear woman, here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

he took her into his home… and so should we, because we are also the “beloved disciple”, and Mary is also our spiritual Mother :slight_smile:

God bless

one of Pope John Paul II 's favourite books :slight_smile:
ewtn.com/library/montfort/truedevo.htm

more about the Total Consecration:
fisheaters.com/totalconsecrationmontfort.html

You’re right, that’s a good way to look at it. Thanks!

Thank you everyone for posting. I appreciate your help! :slight_smile:

Ashka, what are you going to do today afternoon? Lol, you asked your question exactly at the right time, because today (October 3) is a first Saturday of the month. Have you ever heard about the Five First Saturdays of Reparation to Mary’s Immaculate Heart? Here’s a link:

fatimafamily.org/index.php?main_page=page_5&zenid=ndgimlnkrqh3o7m6v7p52510p1

This is something you can do TODAY. This is what you have to do: go to Holy Mass today, confess and take Holy Communion, as well as pray 5 decades of the Rosary, and keep company to Our Blessed Mother for 15 minutes while meditating on the Mysteries of the Rosary. Do all of this with the intent of doing reparation to Mary’s Immaculate Heart, for the indifferences and blasphemies committed by ungrateful men against her.

I will be there at the Church to do the Reparation today, too! I would say “see you there”, lol, only that I’m in FL and not in KY. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link! I wish I could go to Mass but I’m supposed to go somewhere with my family today…ooohh, I wish I could go…I’d rather go to Mass than my little brother’s football game :D.
I’ll definitely say the Rosary, though. I’m so glad you told me this! And me asking this on Oct 3rd, I guess it was meant to be. :smiley:

The best way to honor Mary is to be obedient to the only command which the Bible tells us she gave: Do whatever Jesus tells you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.