How can Jesus be everywhere?

God is one, so anywhere that the Father is, so too the Son and Holy Spirit. So here’s my question: when Jesus was alive on earth, how could He be everywhere else in the universe too? Although he is God and not restricted by time, doesn’t his humanity prevent him from being where the Father and Spirit are?

Someone please help me fill in the blanks, I’m sure I’m missing something.

My first thought is that Jesus is present “everywhere” in His divinity, while He is present locally in his humanity.

**How can Jesus be everywhere?because he is GOD.:blessyou: **

why are ye reasoning?
don’t apply human’s logic to God

[quote=ChiroCatholic]God is one, so anywhere that the Father is, so too the Son and Holy Spirit. So here’s my question: when Jesus was alive on earth, how could He be everywhere else in the universe too? Although he is God and not restricted by time, doesn’t his humanity prevent him from being where the Father and Spirit are? Someone please help me fill in the blanks, I’m sure I’m missing something.
[/quote]

You have a chunk of truth that many people just don’t get. Where one person of the trinity is, there are the others. God is indivisable. That being said, I am not real sure exactly how that happened with Jesus in His unglorifed body. The only straw that I can grasp is that God is not limited by space and time as we are. I seem to recall that certain Saints were blessed with bilocation, but I think that is another matter.

[quote=abcdefg]why are ye reasoning?
don’t apply human’s logic to God
[/quote]

Just for fun. I figure God gave me reason, I might as well try it out once and again. :wink: Though I suppose this might be one of those unanswerable mysteries.

The really great thing is that God CAN & DOES do all this…even though we can’t completely understand it. That’s what the Church calls a Mystery. It’s not something that cannot be understood at all, just something that can’t be understood completely. The trinity is an implicit doctrine in the Bible, yet it is clearly taught in the context of all the scriptures. As St. Augustine used to say, the problem is in our understanding…not in God or His word.
BTW…there’s a good post on that eucharistic question you posted a few minutes ago Chiro. :thumbsup:

To paraphrase Sheed, God is spirit. And spirit “is” where it operates. That should give us a clue to what “God ‘is’ everywhere” means.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.