How can Mary Save the World?

Can someone please explain these two statements to me? I found them on a Dominican fathers web site about the Rosary and Fatima.

“Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it.”

(Every Rosary increases Mary’s power to crush the head of the Serpent and to destroy his evil power in the world.)

[quote=ekim61]Can someone please explain these two statements to me? I found them on a Dominican fathers web site about the Rosary and Fatima.

“Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it.”

(Every Rosary increases Mary’s power to crush the head of the Serpent and to destroy his evil power in the world.)
[/quote]

Because the Rosary being sciptural and the Gospel obtains graces which helps us to follow Christ and Marys intercession as well with her Son!Powerful!Her yes did satan in:D

does that have anything to do with Her heel on the serpent’s head?

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]Because the Rosary being sciptural and the Gospel obtains graces which helps us to follow Christ and Marys intercession as well with her Son!Powerful!Her yes did satan in:D
[/quote]

WHAT? Please explain in simple terms.

It is the grace of her son that is her power. God could of course do all himself. But it is quite obvious that he uses his creatures. Tim Staples did a good job a few days ago of explaining this. He said that God certainly could do a better job of converting people than the men he chooses. But he chooses to use his creatures. Mary was the vehicle he used to bring salvatoin in to the world. He continues to use her as mediatrix of all graces to interceed for us. She crushes the serpant by her son.

But always first remember that all Mary is and all she ever does is first and foremost because of Christ.

Our Blessed Mother’s prayer for us are helpful…because of Christ.

Our Blessed Mother’s prayers can save the world… because her Son finds it pleasing to honor His mother in such a manner. But it is God, through Christ that is answering the prayers.

Any honor Mary receives only increases the Glory and worship of Christ.

You can’t understand the teachings about Mary without first understanding the teachings about Christ.

Your sister in Christ,
Maria

[quote=ekim61]Can someone please explain these two statements to me? I found them on a Dominican fathers web site about the Rosary and Fatima.

[/quote]

There needs to be good done in the world to off- set the evil being done in the world. Jesus came and gave of Himself to open the gates of heaven. His sacrifice was to off-set original sin which closed the gates of heaven.

Every Rosary (prayers of The Gospel) that we say may be said for an intention of our own or offered up for the intentions of The Blessed Mother. She presents our prayers to Jesus in reparation for the sins of the world.

At Fatima The Blessed Mother told the children that we all must pray The Rosary. She said that war is a punishment for the sins of man. We must offer reparation (Pray The Rosary to obtain peace)

In an appearance to St Catherine Laboure where the Blesed Mother requested the creation of The Miraculous Medal she dictated that on the medal she be placed on a globe with the serpent under her feet. The serpent is the serpent from the garden who was Satan. Hence…The Blessed Mother will crush Satan, presumably by bringing people and their prayers to Her Son. Where ever The Blessed Mother appears hundreds of thousands of people are converted and retunr to prayer…to Her Son.

Can someone please explain these two statements to me? I found them on a Dominican fathers web site about the Rosary and Fatima.

Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it.”

Hi All
I’m probably going to upset a few people here but I truly mean no disrespect, so here goes. First of all Mary can’t save the world or anyone in the world, it was Jesus who died for our sins. Please remember that ALL credit goes to our father. The reason God chose Mary was because of her faithfulness to him. God knew she would say yes to him or he wouldnt have ask her to carry his Son. It’s not like if Mary had said ‘‘No’’ that God would have went
’’ Oh no, who am I goin to ask now? Mary was an incredible woman and I can’t wait to meet her face to face, but ALL credit goes to the Father.
Thanks.

The devotion of the Rosary, which is the meditation on the life of Christ, has the power to change the world from it’s culture of death to the abundant life in Jesus Christ. It is this aspect that the Dominicans are talking about.

The statement that “ALL credit goes to our father” shows a drastic misunderstanding of Catholic teaching and Marian devotion/the Intercession of Saints, which coming from a non-Catholic on a Catholic forum is really not surprising.

Few people realize that at Fatima (in 1917) the children asked Mary if the first world war was ever gonna end and she told them yes but unless Russia was converted and consecrated to Our Lord that there would be a much worse war and that Russia would spread atheism all over the world.

One of the tests of whether a prophet speaks from God or not is does it come true. The church accepts the Marian apparitions at Fatima as valid and I would say that even a non-Catholic could see that the Blessed Virgin’s message has come to pass and so is from Our Lord.

In fact: Every Marian apparition that the church has confirmed has had the same basic message that Mary had in the 2nd chapter of John (verse 5) at the wedding feast in Cana.
Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.

Mary can save the ‘World’ and our world over and over again as long as she gets a little help from her friends.

Love,
Mary

Mary is not our Savior, but one we can come to. to ask for needs to pray for and asking Jesus to forgive our sins. Jesus is the only Savior between God and man. Mary merely assists us in our prayers, just as the other saints we might pray to, do as well. Mary has not been declared co -redemptrix or co-mediatrix yet.

[quote=piety101]Mary is not our Savior, but one we can come to. to ask for needs to pray for and asking Jesus to forgive our sins. Jesus is the only Savior between God and man. Mary merely assists us in our prayers, just as the other saints we might pray to, do as well. Mary has not been declared co -redemptrix or co-mediatrix yet.
[/quote]

The question is ‘can Mary save the World’ not is Mary our Savior.

CONSECRATION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
FOR THE TRIUMPH OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD

The proclamation of Our Lady as Mother of the Church, which was done personally by Pope Paul VI at the end of the third session of Vatican II (on November 21, 1964), was not merely an act of the Magisterium and of pastoral government; it was crowned by an act of cult: the consecration of mankind to the Mother of the Church. In this way Pope Paul confirmed and renewed the consecration performed by Pope Pius XII on October 13, 1942, on the occasion of the message broadcast by radio to the Portuguese nation.

“Our Predecessor Pius XII of venerated memory”, said Pope Paul, “not without inspiration from on high,** solemnly consecrated the whole world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary**. We hold it fitting to remember this act of consecration today in particular. We intend to entrust to our heavenly Mother the entire human family, with its problems, its anxieties, its legitimate aspirations and ardent hopes.”

ewtn.com/library/MARY/CONSIMHE.HTM

:smiley:

[/quote]

My guess is the website itself explains it. Here’s a link to a page which I believe does the same thing: rosary-center.org/fatimams.htm

Bottom line is praying the Rosary is a meditation on the life of Christ - it brings the person into a deeper relationship with Him which is what it’s all about.

I would also say that Mary’s role in crushing the head of the serpent is unique in that she played - and if you happen to accept the reality of marian apparitions -still is playing such a big part in this battle by the grace of God. Don’t let that shock you, for we all participate in God’s victory, His crushing the serpent’s head:
Romans 16:19-20
For while your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, I would have you wise as to what is good and guileless as to what is evil; then the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Peace in Christ,

DustinsDad

God will throw Satan into the Lake of fire, however Satan must be let loose a second time in order for there to be no more sin. Archangel Michael shall slay the Beast, God shall slay the Leviathan with His great double-edged sword, and the Angels of Heaven shall rage war against the demons of Hell. What always mystified me was why Virgin Mary was never mentioned during all of Revelation. Surely She would have something to do with it, after all She is the most powerful woman in the universe, isn’t she?

[quote=thessalonian]It is the grace of her son that is her power. God could of course do all himself. But it is quite obvious that he uses his creatures. Tim Staples did a good job a few days ago of explaining this. He said that God certainly could do a better job of converting people than the men he chooses. But he chooses to use his creatures. Mary was the vehicle he used to bring salvatoin in to the world. He continues to use her as mediatrix of all graces to interceed for us. She crushes the serpant by her son.
[/quote]

OK so let’s get back to my original question.

I seem to understand how our prayers and the Rosary to Mary will aid in defeating Satan. I actually began saying the rosary lately.

But, the statement Mary alone can save the world can’t be true. Jesus saved the world but Mary as well as all the other people God uses just play an intergral part in it. Just some more than others.

What always mystified me was why Virgin Mary was never mentioned during all of Revelation. Surely She would have something to do with it, after all She is the most powerful woman in the universe, isn’t she?

On the contrary, Mary is mentioned in Revelation. The end of chapter 11, where the allusion to the Ark of the Covenant is made transitions into the beginning of chapter 12, where “A sign appeared in the heavens, a woman clothed with the sun.” The woman gives birth to a child who “rules all nations with an iron rod.” Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant, Jesus. The old Ark held the Ten Commandments, the new Ark held the fulfillment of that law. The old Ark held a relic of manna, the new Ark held the Living Bread, Jesus. The old Ark held Aaron’s staff, the new Ark held the new priestly authority, Jesus. We lose some of this transition because of how Revelation was broken up into chapters (as this occured centuries after the Bible was written.) If you read Scott Hahn’s *The Lamb’s Supper *and his newer book Hail, Holy Queen, he makes a lot of this clear. The Blessed Virgin is the woman from Revelation 12. She’s all over Revelation…just not so explicitly as to call her by name.

What becomes clear by this mention of her in Revelation is her part in God’s plan, her part in the end of the world.

In short, because Mary is the Mother of God, she leads us to her son. What mother wouldn’t be more proud…I’m sure her wallet was stuffed with pictures…:smiley: By showing us her son, who is the Savior, she has a part in saving the world.

Veni Sancte Spiritus
-ACEGC

[/quote]

Hello ekim61,

The title of your thread is “How can Mary Save the World?” And she can as explained by my two previous posts. She *alone * does not save the world. Please supply us with the url from the Dominican fathers web site where you found the quote you posted in your message # 1. This is the quote you stated that you copied from that web site: "“**Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world ** . . . for she alone can save it.”

It might be possible that part of your quote is from the SECOND FATIMA APPARITION on July 13, 1917.

" However, when the day of the apparition arrived, some inner urge compelled her [Lucia] to go. As the time for the vision approached, the sun darkened and a gentle breeze blew. Some people saw a little gray cloud hover over the oak tree on which the children said that Our Lady appeared. As usual, only Lucia spoke to Our Lady. Jacinta saw and heard. Francisco saw only.

“What do want of me?”

“I want you to come here on the 13th of next month, to continue to **pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary ** **to obtain peace in the world ** and the end of the war. Only she can help.”

Lucia: “I want to ask you to tell me who you are and to perform a miracle so that every one will believe that you appear to us.”

“Continue to come here every month. In October I will tell you who I am and what I want. Then, I will perform a miracle for all to see and believe.”

Here Lucia made some requests for people. Our Lady said that it was necessary for these people to pray the Rosary to gain the graces that they sought. The she said: "Sacrifice yourselves for sinners and whenever you make a sacrifice, say: `O my Jesus, it is for love of Thee, in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary and for the conversion of poor sinners.’

fatherrego.com/Mary/FatMay.htm

[quote=ISABUS]Hello ekim61,

Please supply us with the url from the Dominican fathers web site where you found the quote you posted in your message # 1. This is the quote you stated that you copied from that web site: "“**Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world **. . . for she alone can save it.”

:slight_smile:
[/quote]

Here is the URL that I found the quote in.rosary-center.org/fatima.htm

It says Mary alone can save the world, You even said that in your last post. But other people say she can just read through the posts. If she can’t then why does it say she can?

First of all, the context of the quotes is that this is from the apparitions at Fatima. At that time, Mary told the children that * the rosary was the prayer that the Lord would use to save the world. In other words, as I understand it, praying the rosary is the prayer which God would have us pray for the salvation of the world. Since the rosary is actually a Marian prayer, it is through her that we are to pray.*
That does not mean that no other prayers for our world will do any good. It simply means that this is the most powerful, since Mary’s rosary is the Divinely chosen means of praying.
God bless.

Ekim61,

I think what is being meant to say is that in today’s world, with all the fallen away Catholics, the unbelievable temptations that the world offers, etc. that Mary, given to us by Christ on the cross as our mother, is offering us who pray the rosary “sufferings” that is in some way helpful to convert sinners besides ourselves.

That is the message anyway… To pray the Rosary, and put up with sufferings for the conversion of sinners.

I had a 2 year devotion to Our Lady of Fatima back in 1996 when i first was converted from a pretty sinful life… I went to 10 consecutive first saturday masses, and went through the whole process that is required according to the message.

I grew in a state of holiness from going to confession, receiving communion, and praying a daily rosary.

I grew in grace and holiness in a way that you can only experience it to believe it…

I gradually fell away myself, but have been trying to get myself back to the faith again for the past 2 years.

For what it’s worth, it’s all real… at least that’s what i’ve experienced.

The only thing that bothers me is that she never said who she was specifically… i.e. she is “the Lady of the Rosary”.

Why the mystery?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.