How can my friend enter the Church before deployment?

Hi everyone,

I have a simple question that most likely requires a complex answer. First I would like to establish that my family are converted Catholics living in Washington State, we love the faith, I am also am involved with our K of C council.
My question is: I have a friend who is in Alaska in the Military who has been to Mass quite a few times and recently has decided to become Catholic. He is facing possible deployment in the future, and will be getting married in either 2014 or 2015. He was been baptized Lutheran already. Is it written anywhere that the Church will make him wait until this September to start RCIA or is there a way he can fast track?:)

In need of some help so I can tell him what he needs to do.

Hi,

He needs to tell his Catholic chaplain about his situation and get his advice. He is in our prayers. Don’t worry; his desire to become a Catholic came from the Lord. He is in His hands.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.