How can one be a good Catholic with a good conscience?

I am sure that many Catholics would like to form good consciences, live with grace and do good deeds for others.

In a nutshell, what would you suggest one should do to be a good Catholic?

1. Attend Mass regularly
  2. Receive communion and partake in the sacrament of confession.

These two aspects are the Lifeline for a Catholic.

It is comforting to know that God will even save someone on their deathbed if they sincerely repent with all their heart. But this certainly cannot be a healthy way to live in ignorance without educating oneself or properly forming one’s conscience.

I was reading the CCC online when I cam across this:
1794 A good and pure conscience is enlightened by true faith, for charity proceeds at the same time "from a pure heart and a good conscience and sincere faith.

I also understand that prayer is of utmost importance to live a sound life, simply because if one prays unceasingly, then it is impossible for one to sin. We need the Holy Spirit to come into our lives.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on the matter. How often do you pray during the day?

I sometimes pray short aspirations while I am preparing for the morning.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.