How can someone with Celiac Disease consume the Eucharist?

I have just been diagnosed with Celiac disease and have been told that I cannot consume ANY gluten for the rest of my life. My doctor said that even consuming the “low-gluten” hosts will be severely harmful for me. I’m wondering what to do. I think I would need to consume the blood of Christ that isn’t contaminated by a piece of the body or other parishioners who have already consumed the body. Is this possible? If not, how do I handle this moral issue? I want to be able to partake in the Eucharist each week. What are the theological guidelines for an issue like this?

If you are unable to consume the low gluten hosts then your parish should be able to accommodate you by having a separate chalice for you. Only the presider’s chalice is required to have a piece of the host broken into it. No other chalice is required to have a piece of the host.

USCCB:

The lay faithful who are not able to receive Holy Communion at all under the species of bread, even of low-gluten hosts, may receive Holy Communion under the species of wine only, regardless of whether the Precious Blood is offered to the rest of the faithful present at a given celebration of Mass.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.