How can we apply these words of St. Max Kolbe to our prayers?

“It is the Immaculata alone who has from God the promise of victory over Satan.” - St. Maximilian Kolbe

You have undoubtedly read from the Catechism regarding Mary :http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p6.htm

969 "This motherhood of Mary in the order of grace continues uninterruptedly from the consent which she loyally gave at the Annunciation and which she sustained without wavering beneath the cross, until the eternal fulfillment of all the elect. Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation . . . . Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix."512

You also may have read St Louis de Montford’s writings.

God can designate whom He chooses to defeat Satan, as certainly, He permitted Archangel Michael and his Angels to drive Satan from heaven.
Revelation 12:7-9: “Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down – that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.”

God can, if He wishes and where He wish, to use instruments to achieve His purposes.

Of herself, as a human person, Mary could never do what God’s power alone can do, but as chosen vehicle of the Incarnation of God’s divine Son, she has a unique place and contribution, always, only through God, in Jesus our Savior and through God’s Holy Spirit.

Jesus made very clear that of His regard for Mary’s place in serving God and interceding for us.
Her position comes from God alone.Mary’s prayer reflects this truth

_“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord _
and my spirit exults in God my saviour;
because He has looked upon His lowly handmaid.
_Yes, from this day forward all generations will call me blessed, _
_for the Almighty has done great things for me. _
_Holy is His name, _
and His mercy reaches from age to age for those who fear him.
He has shown the power of His arm, He has routed the proud of heart.
He has pulled down princes from their thrones and exalted the lowly.
The hungry He has filled with good things, the rich sent empty away.
He has come to the help of Israel his servant, mindful of His mercy
—according to the promises He made to our ancestors—
of His mercy to Abraham and to his descendants forever.” [Luke 1:46-79]

My first attempt to obtain her intercession went thus, but it may not be what you’re seeking, because I’m not wholly sure how to encapsulate what St Maximillian Kolbe would instruct me to pray. Perhaps you yourself have something in mind?

Woman of faith, pray for us

Dear Mother Mary, you have been honored, blessed, and gifted by God.
You are our mother because in figure of John, Jesus gave us to you as your children as He hung dying on the cross. We ask you to speak to God on our behalf.

It was through your faith that Jesus first manifested His power at Cana, thus beginning His work before the appointed time. Although it concerned neither life nor death, nor eternal salvation but the human feelings of others, He granted your trusting prayer. Such was your faith, and God’s love for you, Saint of all saints!

Therefore, we trust our prayer to Your faith in God! You see everything that we need in service of God, and all that we desire for each other. You feel the aching of our hearts and hear our longing prayers. You behold our faith, our repentance, and our love.

Stand not silently by, Mother! Our Father, your Son, and the Holy Spirit who overshadowed you and blessed you with our Savior—They cannot refuse you!

Please give us your unfailing intercession before God so that the fullest gifts and blessings are granted to each of us. We stand humbly before you, Mother, and entreat you with our hearts, minds, and spirits…Mother!

1 Like

I do it by

• praying for Mary’s intercession to bring about world peace and protect us from evil, through such prayers as the Rosary and the Memorare and things like “Our Lady of Fatima, Pray for Us”
  • trying to do the things she asked or suggested like rosaries, sacrifice, First Saturdays, Miraculous Medal
  • considering consecrating myself to Mary (haven’t taken this step yet as it requires prayer, thought and preparation on my part…maybe next year…still reading up on it)

I’m sure Fr. Kolbe did similar things.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.