How can we, as Catholics, evangelize in this modern age?

In my speech class, which is full of liberals, I sometimes have to come up to bat to defend the Catholic faith. They say that because I say that non-catholics get to heaven and on the other I say that everyone should be Catholic, I contradict myself. The ignorance of the Catholic faith is astounding. So, I guess my question is, how do you open everyones eyes to the Catholic faith in a secular world?

My .02, if you are in a somewhat antagonistic environment where people are not open to hearing about the truth, a great first step is just LIVE the life of Christ. Be charitable beyond expectations, show the joy at all times that you possess knowing about your very special relationship with Christ and his church. “Preach the gospel and sometimes use words”. You’ll never win a debate, and IMHO if you act like a true disciple of Christ, some will start to wonder and ask you questions - then you can discuss the real truth with them.

Good luck and God bless!

Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet Novena for them and watch the Holy Spirit work. [SIGN]He ROCKS![/SIGN]

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.