How can we heal people?

Jesus said that those who believe can heal and be like exorcist. So what is the way we can heal? Any prayer or waiting? Or it’s only His choice who He cure?
I dont know category for this

In the Great Commission, Christ was speaking to the Apostles. He was speaking to the first Pope and the first conference of Bishops and Priests.

Your Bishop has delegated his priests with various responsibilities. The Sacraments of Baptism, Confession, Eucharist and Anointing are the Sacraments of Healing.

Your Bishop allows priests to do minor exorcisms, like blessing a home or blessing holy water/salt/etc. For major exorcisms, your Bishop limits this to very specially trained priests. These priests do not advertise “Hey! I am an exorcist!!”. They wish to remain anonymous until the Diocese determines their services are needed.

Please don’t try a DIY exorcism.

Please please please

I dont want to exorcism anyone. But topic of healing is interesting. One says that it is impossible, second said that people can by power and accept from God cure by Him…

1 Like

What Scriptures are you referencing? It is easy to pull verses out of context.

1 Like

These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will drive out demons, they will speak new languages.18They will pick up serpents [with their hands], and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them. They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
Mark chapter 16 17

The Great Commission. This was specifically addressed to the First Pope, First Bishops and Priests, the 11 Apostles. You can respond to that Great Commission by entering the Holy Priesthood!

The Commissioning of the Eleven.
** [But] later, as the eleven were at table, he appeared to them and rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart because they had not believed those who saw him after he had been raised.
** He said to them, “Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned.
These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will drive out demons, they will speak new languages. They will pick up serpents [with their hands], and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them. They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

The Ascension of Jesus.

So then the Lord Jesus, after he spoke to them, was taken up into heaven and took his seat at the right hand of God.

But they went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the word through accompanying signs.]

[And they reported all the instructions briefly to Peter’s companions. Afterwards Jesus himself, through them, sent forth from east to west the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation. Amen.]

Valencia, today the doctors and nurses do the healing jobs for God. They get paid for living.

We should only pray for the sicks to have strong faith to be healed.

God heals every day, every hour of every day, through the Sacraments of Healing:

Baptism
Eucharist
Reconciliation
Anointing of the Sick

God’s healing manifests in many ways, yes through medical professionals, also in healing our souls.

I think it would take great faith and trust in God first of all. The Holy Spirit would guide you if a situation arises where you could be an instrument of God for healing.

John 14:11-14 Living Bible (TLB)

11 "Just believe it—that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or else believe it because of the mighty miracles you have seen me do.

12-13 “In solemn truth I tell you, anyone believing in me shall do the same miracles I have done, and even greater ones, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask him for anything, using my name, and I will do it, for this will bring praise to the Father because of what I, the Son, will do for you. 14 Yes, ask anything, using my name, and I will do it!"

The fear of the LORD adds length to life, Proverb 10:27
So, just pray for the sick having strong faith.

Holy Spirit instructed me directly when I visited patients in the hospitals in six years that doctors and nurses did the healing job for God, not mine. However, the Holy Spirit healed me directly when doctors could not do, and He said before I called the ambulance.

There are miraculous healings. I hope you submitted your case to the Diocese so they can document it!!

Hi Valencia. We can pray for people who are sick. It is up to God who is healed. No one really understands why some people are healed and some do not appear to be. But we are admonished to pray. For a person who is very ill, the Sacrament of the Extreme Unction can be administered by a Priest.

Sometimes an ill person prays and remains ill. But he/she is given a fresh dose of faith and peace of mind. We don’t know how God is going to heal us. But we should always pray.

I had liver failure last year from a certain antibiotic I was given, and I was in serious condition in the hospital for six weeks. Many people prayed for me. Although my liver took almost a year to completely heal, I had an inner peace that everything was going to be okay, no matter what happened with me physically. I am NOT a peaceful person and I worry a lot. But God gave me many, many graces while I was ill as a result of the prayers of many.

The motto of my story is that if you are ill, you should pray and keep on praying. Ask other people pray for you. Have faith that God loves you and wants the best for you. Everything else is up to him.

1 Like

Faith and Fasting … With Faith as the main operative…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.