How can we prove that God is 'The Way' and not Satan?

How can we prove that God is more powerful than Satan and his will is the ideal truth and morality we should strive for? Maybe Satan’s will is the ideal truth and morality perhaps? (I don’t actually believe that)

For example, some will cite that calling on the name of Jesus will drive out Satan during exorcisms thus making Jesus more powerful than Satan… But maybe that was Jesus “planting” one of his angels to act like Satan to make himself look more powerful by having the angel pretend they are afraid of the name of Jesus.

How can we prove that God is the example to be followed and not Satan?

The *Gospel *is an answer…

People often have the erroneous thought that the antagonist of God is Satan. But that is incorrect. Satan is the antagonist of St. Michael the Archangel. Satan is below God. How can God’s creation (like spiritual beings like Satan is) be more powerful than Him, the Creator? It’s logical.

Of course God is more powerful than Satan. God created the whole universe including the Angels. Satan was a good angel who turned bad.

As far as who to follow, God is all good and only does good. Satan always destroys.

When you are burning in hell, you’ll know satan was the wrong choice! :eek:

God is all powerful. Satan is the master of deceit and lies.

Also, to deceive is to lie. And since God is absolute truth and goodness, he won’t deceive (I’m referring to your idea of “Jesus using angels during exorcism”)

Satan is the Prince of Darkness. He is not to be messed with.

Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Who says he MUST be released after the 1000 yr period? LOL

Ive always wondered why a fallen angel has this level of power/ ability in the first place…kind of strange imo.

The book of Rev in the Bible is full of symbolism and shouldn’t be taken literally, but figuratively.

The power of angels, as spiritual beings, is purely intellectual. I don’t see anything strange about it, it’s their nature as God created them. They are smarter than us, they are intuitive.

You can learn more about them at rcspiritualdirection.com and indirectly learn more about God.

I will look at that site.

but its not symbolic that ‘dark rulers in high places’ control this world, keep in mind this is a fallen angel, who tried to literally overthrown heaven and take Gods throne…why in the world would ‘allow’ your enemy so much influence/power over your most prized creation? Its also strange satan had the ability to convince 1/3 of the angels he was correct, something is wrong here, either God is not as all powerful as we think or there is more to the story of the fall than we know.

The God of the bible Im familiar with, would have turned satan and the 1/3 to dust after trying to overthrow heaven. He most certainly would not have accommodated them, sending them down to earth, ensuring they would be the rulers in high places, and allow them so much influence in our world.

You see, I view this differently. I feel like God allow people to be fooled by Satan. Like free will+a test. When evil rules the world and you stick with God, wouldn’t that show your utter love and devotion to God?

Kind of like how my friend makes ‘tests’ to see if her boyfriend is worthy of her. She purposely let my other friend, who is more attractive, to hit on him. He rejected her and my friend knew how much he loved her.

Of course, God doesn’t set up these temptations, but he knew Satan is going to try.

Idk if I’m correct, but that’s how I always see it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.