How come many on here seem to be puritanical on many sexual topics?

Because,i been browsing many threads on here and seems many seem to be backwards on sexual topics,when most of society seems to be liberal.

What exactly is puritanical, and why should we care what society thinks?

It is not that bad.

I said this awhile ago, and will say it again

In my own honest opinion, people need to keep sexual questions off the Internet and take them to a priest if they can. Questions like those are personal. The Internet is not a confessional.

The fact that society has become so messed up over the past 50 years directly correlates with the timing of the “sexual revolution,” among other things.

From the perspective of how messed up the average young person may likely be today raised by our current secular society without the grace of Christ, I suppose we may seem relatively “puritanical.” We’ll take it as a compliment.

How very vague of you.

The alluding does make it hard to tell what they are trying to say.

Indeed.

Okay everybody, let’s wait for the OP to elaborate before we use up more of our time of day.

If you mean backwards as being conservative well that’s not backwards that’s just right according to our Catholic Faith.

ALL single people MUST BE CHASTE----NO sexual relations outside of marriage (heterosexual and SSA, both)

ALL married people MUST BE CHASTE----ONLY have sexual relations with their spouse and follow the Church’s rules regarding marriage.

ALL Priests, Consecrated Religious Brothers & Sisters MUST BE CELIBATE-----No sexual relations ever. ONLY exception to the Priest’s rule is for those already married men that were NON Catholic, decide to convert to the Catholic Faith and become Priests in the Catholic Church!

There are no ifs, ands or buts about it.

People make choices, for their own good or destruction. That’s how God set it up.

For example,

Gal 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are plain: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, 21 envy,[a] drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Cor 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral,[a] nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[b][c] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.

We don’t live a consequence free life.

That is what i meant.

^^^^^^^^ seconded

@metalwolf care to elaborate?

And this is backwards… how?

OH sorry if I read your response wrong. Sounded like you were against Conservative sexual beliefs.

I agree. Some things should not be discussed here as there are often young people in the forum. The world is way too liberal and this is not a 1 800 call for all sexual problems. Speak to your confessor or a consular in private, Please. Sometimes my virgin ears turn bright red and I need to go to a different post.

But technically we do last forever.

What is what you meant? You need to say what you mean more clearly. What is your point about What she posted?

The Church is being pretty reasonable.

Well, that’s how it sounded to me too, so…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.