How cool is this!

[size=2]Mary, the “woman” of Genesis 3:15, is at the first and last breath of Jesus’ earthly ministry (Jn 2:1–1; 19:26): emphasizing her profound cooperation in His work of redemption.

Cleansing water is also at the beginning and end, with the waters of purification contained in stone jars for the Jew alone, contrasted with the water and blood flowing uncontained from the side of Christ, a vessel of flesh (cf. Ezek 36:25–27) bringing cleansing and new birth to the whole world.

As the first Adam was put to sleep and his bride was taken from his side in the first creation, so Christ “slept” on Calvary while his side was cut open and the sacraments of baptism and Eucharist poured from His side giving birth to His bride — the Church. Is it surprising that, at the moment, Mary the Mother of the Church, was there at the foot of the cross, the first witness with John to the eternal fountain?

catholic-convert.com/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/Documents/004John.doc

I apologize if this is in the wrong folder, but, I had to share for those who didn’t already realize!!! Sooooooooo perfect.:thumbsup: :D[/size]

Extremely.

If this were a secular book, we would say that it is great writing by the author and look to detrmine the message that the author was trying to convey. How much more, then, should we seek to find what is trying to be said here - how the apostle, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, chose to begin and end the account of the earthly ministry of Christ, with His Blessed Mother, in His presence? This stuff blows my mind :smiley: .

[quote=adstrinity][size=2]Mary, the “woman” of Genesis 3:15, is at the first and last breath of Jesus’ earthly ministry (Jn 2:1–1; 19:26): emphasizing her profound cooperation in His work of redemption.[/size]

Cleansing water is also at the beginning and end, with the waters of purification contained in stone jars for the Jew alone, contrasted with the water and blood flowing uncontained from the side of Christ, a vessel of flesh (cf. Ezek 36:25–27) bringing cleansing and new birth to the whole world.

As the first Adam was put to sleep and his bride was taken from his side in the first creation, so Christ “slept” on Calvary while his side was cut open and the sacraments of baptism and Eucharist poured from His side giving birth to His bride — the Church. Is it surprising that, at the moment, Mary the Mother of the Church, was there at the foot of the cross, the first witness with John to the eternal fountain?

catholic-convert.com/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/Documents/004John.doc

I apologize if this is in the wrong folder, but, I had to share for those who didn’t already realize!!! Sooooooooo perfect.:thumbsup: :smiley:
[/quote]

Hehehe, I don’t usually look for the “cool” stuff, but I’m gladI did! Yes, it is WAAAAY cool! amen, amen, amen! This is deeply profound and worth contemplating in preparation for the recption of the Holy Eucharist. Thank you for posting that. It will definately elevate my mind and heart in preparation!

[quote=adstrinity][size=2]Mary, the “woman” of Genesis 3:15, is at the first and last breath of Jesus’ earthly ministry (Jn 2:1–1; 19:26): emphasizing her profound cooperation in His work of redemption.[/size]

[/quote]

As I was staring at the 2nd and 19th chapters of John, contemplating this, I noticed that Peter is referenced and before and after Jesus’ earthly ministry - his calling, with his new name and his restoration, respectively. Any thoughts?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.