How could Jesus ascend to the Father and still be here?

It seems to me from scripture that Jesus DEPARTED this earthly domain soon after His Resurection and Ascension, and that His body was transfigured. i.e., He actually went away to some other realm in some other form. To me, this does not accord well with His being God; omnipresent, omni.. etc., Whereby thus, He is both absent and yet, always present to us. How does the Church explain this apparent discrepancy? It seems to me that we can't have it both ways. I'm confident that all this is well understood and explainable by some apologists, et al, but I am presently confused and curious. Please explain.

SINCERELY YOURS

DAMSCOTT

Hi,

A discrepancy appears only when we forget that Jesus has two natures; a divine nature and a human nature. He ascended to heaven in his human nature, but He remains everywhere in His divine nature. This why he could say in Mt. 28:29 “For behold, I am with you always; even to the end of the world.”

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.