"How Do Catholics Hear the Gospel?"

This is from a long time ago thread originally posted by MGEISING

Just wanted to share this link with all … it is awesome … read it and read it and read it! Let me know your thoughts!

**How Do Catholics Hear The Gospel?"
by Gary Michuta **

{from Hands-On Apologetics, March/Apirl 1997. Copyright Thy Faith, Inc. 1997}

The link has since changed from the original post to here web.archive.org/web/20030604152323/ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ196.HTM

I thought it was time to repost this great resource as well as introduce it to some new members who may not have seen it.

God Bless,
Maria

Thanks. It was a very nice track.

I enjoyed reading that very much! Thanks for posting it, I’m passing it on to some friends.

MariaG,

Thanks very much, that is a wonderful Arguement for the Church. I will use that in the future. :thumbsup:

Fish

:slight_smile:

F Y I… Gary also had a debate with the infamous James White on the subject of the deuterocanonicals… available on CD, VHS, and DVD

This topic is probably the toughest to debate - often dry and"boring". But Gary not only did well, he reduced Mr/Dr White to the only arguments White has… he has a real problem with authority.

[quote=MrS]F Y I… Gary also had a debate with the infamous James White on the subject of the deuterocanonicals… available on CD, VHS, and DVD

This topic is probably the toughest to debate - often dry and"boring". But Gary not only did well, he reduced Mr/Dr White to the only arguments White has… he has a real problem with authority.
[/quote]

What is the CD/VHS/DVD called? I would like to order one.

[quote=Montie Claunch]What is the CD/VHS/DVD called? I would like to order one.
[/quote]

***The Great Debate 2004
Gary Michuta vs James White
The Canon of the Holy Bible ***

Has Rome added to, or have Protestants Taken Away?

[quote=MrS]Has Rome added to, or have Protestants Taken Away?
[/quote]

I think it was Stalin and the Soviets, they did it. smugg smile at ones own smarts Thanks, I will have to watch it. Is James White any relations to Ellen White?

Wow, as a struggling Catholic that does speak volumes about how the Mass IS the act of telling scripture.

Of course, there are still other doctrinal questions I have about certain rites and sacraments, but I can really see that there’s a lot more meaning to the Mass than just reciting or following a Priest’s script…

[quote=GodSoldier]Wow, as a struggling Catholic that does speak volumes about how the Mass IS the act of telling scripture.

Of course, there are still other doctrinal questions I have about certain rites and sacraments, but I can really see that there’s a lot more meaning to the Mass than just reciting or following a Priest’s script…
[/quote]

:yup: and this tract does not even get into everything in Mass. The one I really love is “Peace be with you” So many think this is just “Go greet your neighbor” but those are the first words Christ spoke to His apostles after He had risen from the dead. We are not just greeting our neighbor, We are declaring our Risen Lord!!!

But I am glad this tract could help see there is more than just a bunch of words being said, or a fancy game of follow the leader.

God Bless,
Maria

Bump

There was a question and I went and found this tract again. I thought I would bump it up again for any who might be interested.

Not my original find, but one I really like.

God Bless.
Maria

Hi all, I see it has been over a year since this has surfaced.

Since I think it is a great resource, and just wanted to bump this up to the top for all those new people around here, Catholic and non-Catholic alike:)

Hope you all take the time to look at the link:thumbsup:

I notice it has been looked at 331 times. Hopefully that will go up, or sadly, I will let this thread go and stop reposting it.

I just thought it was truly a wonderful tract!

God Bless,
Maria

I loved it… I am sure I have read it before, but it is a good refresher to check it out again, thanks!!!

I just printed this wonderful explanation of our hearing the gospels.

Its good that we all read this from time to time so we do not loose sight of What we are praying. Least for me, sometimes when I pray at Mass, I will just recite the words by rote with little or no thought given, and shame on me for that.

Thank You for re-posting this and may 1000’s read it.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Glad you both like it:)

God bless,
Maria

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.