How do I address questions about my gay son?

I am a practicing Catholic mum of 6 teen and adult children. I don’t eat meat on Fridays and I don’t eat pork either as a personal discipline, I go to Mass every Sunday and otherwise follow the Church teachings as best as I can. My problem is, one of my twin sons has come out as gay. This in itself is not bothering me, as I love my son dearly, and I cannot judge him. The problem is, my family, who are not practicing, asked me why I bother following the rules of the Church and still undertake my disciplines, yet I am ok with my son being gay. All I could say was I’m not going to hit him over the head with a crucifix and call demons out. I just pray for God’s guidance and love for my son.

The following link should help answer your question about your son. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

What should a parent of a gay child do?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.