How do I address the problem of people talking in church?

Greetings…could you pls advise me of a very respectful way to address ‘talking’ in church particularly before and after Mass …I have politely spoken w/ our Rector ( I don’t like the word Pastor) and was informed that ‘people are people’ ‘at least they are there’ 'everyone is at a different place spiritually" ‘we should concentrate on our selves’ etc etc…The only place I find reverence is when I attend a Traditional Latin Mass…the last time I posed a question about reverence at Mass I eluded to the fact that I greatly appreciated the Holy atmosphere including but not limited to respect for the Blessed Sacrament, I was politely informed that 'the ‘New Mass’ IS the Old Mass and so on and so forth…We are all sinners and I am not intending to sound Holier than thou…but It’s generally the older crowd who seem to enjoy visiting in Church prior to Mass…ironically these are prbly the same people who smacked the children when they were young for fidgiting/talking in Mass…PAX Pray for me

The following link should help answer your question. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Shouldn’t we observe silence after Mass?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.