How do I become a Focus Missionary?

Just wondering how I would become a part of FOCUS. As of right now I am a college graduate with a degree in Social Science ed. I substitute teach and work another part time job, and try to be active in my parish though there isn’t much to be active in since its a small parish in a tiny town. I do serve as a lector though which I enjoy. I have recently taken a chance to be a Totus Tuus teacher for another diocese this summer, and while i’m still worried about finding a full time teaching job, even if I get one I would love to be a Focus missionary and would probably choose that over teaching.

I’ve always thought it would be cool to be a missionary to people. I love to talk with people about faith and love Church history, and would love to get into more studies about theology and such. However, I don’t have much experience. I was very involved in my campus newman center, but we were very small (though very active, we did service trips and put on socials, I even led a small bible study). I love apologetics too, but I’m not a theology major and am not as involved in faith organization as others I know who are a part of Focus. I’m also a bit more introverted, which impacts many areas of my life besides this.

So what should I do. I feel a strong pull to missionary and campus missionary work. I think I could be a good leader. I just need to find out how.

[quote="WildCatholic, post:1, topic:319741"]
Just wondering how I would become a part of FOCUS. As of right now I am a college graduate with a degree in Social Science ed. I substitute teach and work another part time job, and try to be active in my parish though there isn't much to be active in since its a small parish in a tiny town. I do serve as a lector though which I enjoy. I have recently taken a chance to be a Totus Tuus teacher for another diocese this summer, and while i'm still worried about finding a full time teaching job, even if I get one I would love to be a Focus missionary and would probably choose that over teaching.

I've always thought it would be cool to be a missionary to people. I love to talk with people about faith and love Church history, and would love to get into more studies about theology and such. However, I don't have much experience. I was very involved in my campus newman center, but we were very small (though very active, we did service trips and put on socials, I even led a small bible study). I love apologetics too, but I'm not a theology major and am not as involved in faith organization as others I know who are a part of Focus. I'm also a bit more introverted, which impacts many areas of my life besides this.

So what should I do. I feel a strong pull to missionary and campus missionary work. I think I could be a good leader. I just need to find out how.

[/quote]

You may want to see this Focus website!

focus.org/

A friend of mine has a daughter in Focus in a big city secular campus and she loves doing missionary work. Students come to them asking questions about Catholicism.

[quote="Dorothy, post:2, topic:319741"]
You may want to see this Focus website!

focus.org/

A friend of mine has a daughter in Focus in a big city secular campus and she loves doing missionary work. Students come to them asking questions about Catholicism.

[/quote]

See that's what i'd love. Teaching is okay, but I just don't feel fulfilled. I'd love to get into campus ministry. As i mentioned, being a missionary was attractive to me even as a young kid and into my early teens. I thought it would be fun because I wanted to travel. as I grew older, i knew going to other countries for missionary work wasn't for me, but doing it domestically was something interesting. I think being a campus missionary would be awesome

[quote="WildCatholic, post:3, topic:319741"]
See that's what i'd love. Teaching is okay, but I just don't feel fulfilled. I'd love to get into campus ministry. As i mentioned, being a missionary was attractive to me even as a young kid and into my early teens. I thought it would be fun because I wanted to travel. as I grew older, i knew going to other countries for missionary work wasn't for me, but doing it domestically was something interesting. I think being a campus missionary would be awesome

[/quote]

And......we need plenty of missionaries in the United States! :)

Chúc c? nhÃ* m?t ngÃ*y vui v? .....

Composed/Posted with WYSIWYG BBCode Editor

[quote="WildCatholic, post:1, topic:319741"]
Just wondering how I would become a part of FOCUS. As of right now I am a college graduate with a degree in Social Science ed. I substitute teach and work another part time job, and try to be active in my parish though there isn't much to be active in since its a small parish in a tiny town. I do serve as a lector though which I enjoy. I have recently taken a chance to be a Totus Tuus teacher for another diocese this summer, and while i'm still worried about finding a full time teaching job, even if I get one I would love to be a Focus missionary and would probably choose that over teaching.

I've always thought it would be cool to be a missionary to people. I love to talk with people about faith and love Church history, and would love to get into more studies about theology and such. However, I don't have much experience. I was very involved in my campus newman center, but we were very small (though very active, we did service trips and put on socials, I even led a small bible study). I love apologetics too, but I'm not a theology major and am not as involved in faith organization as others I know who are a part of Focus. I'm also a bit more introverted, which impacts many areas of my life besides this.

[/quote]

Hi WildCatholic.......
So nice to meet a fellow Nebraskan on here!!!! I'm from a small town in northern Nebraska.
There's a young man from our Parish that is a FOCUS Missionary in North Dakota at the moment. If you would send me a private message, I'll give you his name if you'd like??
I'm sure he would be glad to help you :thumbsup:

Prairie Rose :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.