How do I confess to an abortion?

how do I confess an abortion? How do I start ? I have barely any memory of it as it happened in a very stressful time in my early 20’s and within the first week…I had no one to go to and didn’t even know what I was doing. …I am in my 50’snow and I now realize how important it is to confess this horrible sin. It lies heavily on my heart and soul and I just don’t know how to begin? I want to be free of this sin and make amends for the loss of of life I so regrettably took many years ago. I recently learned that I must confess this sin and I want to but I don’t know why i am so scared. I fall apart every time I think of this time in my life and can’t understand why I did it. I had no idea what I was doing then.

The following links should help answer your question. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

What can I tell my friend who fears confessing the sin of abortion?
How is the excommunication lifted from having had an abortion?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.