How do I convince my Mormon friend of the historical interpretations in the Bible??

Every time I get into a religious debate with my Mormon friend, we ultimately come down to different interpretations of scripture. He will present a verse that backs up his claims, and I will refute it, citing that this isn’t how the early church interpreted it. He merely responds by saying that the early church had fallen into apostasy and therefore no amount of text or evidence that was written after the death of the last apostle has any value. How can I convince him of how outlandish his interpretations are if he discounts the entire 2,000 year history of Christian tradition?

These links should help answer your questions about Mormonism. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:**
Did the early Church teach that we become gods?**
Mormonism: Made in America
Did Jesus visit America?
Problems with the Book of Mormon
Waylaid By Mormonism
MORMON BASHING?
Distinctive Beliefs of the Mormon Church
The Gods of the Mormon Church
Mormon Stumpers
Mormonism’s Baptism for the Dead
The Gods of the Mormon Church
MORMON SUNDAY MEETINGS
Mormon Changes in Practice
ATTENDING A MORMON TEMPLE

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.