How do I convince my Protestant friend not to recieve the Eucharist?

My protestant friend has been studying the catholic faith for the last 2 years. He believes in the Catholic teaching of the Eucharist and has informed me that he intends to begin receiving communion regularly. He knows a protestant pastor that receives communion at a Catholic church and is encouraging him to do the same.

He does not want to become Catholic because of his disagreement with the Churches teachings on Mary and Papal infallibility. I tried explaining to him that partaking of the Eucharist is a symbol of unity in beliefs, but he disagrees with me because that is not in Scripture. He knows what it says in Canon Law and in the CCC. How can I articulate it to him better?

These links should be helpful for understanding why there is no intercommunion with non-Catholics. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Who Can Receive Communion?
*]
Ecclesia de Eucharistia **(Note especially sections 43-46)
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.