How do I dissuade my cousin from seeing a fortune teller?

My great cousin grew up in Eastern Germany. She is Lutheran, even so her Grandfather was a strong Catholic man. She is interested in the Catholic faith so… her Mom died a few month ago. She has troubles in her job- they are bulling her. And she is very sick. Now she is about to see a fortune teller, if she should apply for another job, or if she should take care of her health first and keep her secure job. I only started to contact her most recently and tried to bring her gently back to the Catholic Church. I am afraid to tell her what I think about a fortune teller. I think I would repel her and all my efforts to bring her back are gone. Growing up in Eastern Germany did not let any imprint on her about our Faith. I am not sure what to do- I can only pray that she will not be able to go to the fortune teller, which a good friend from her mom recommended to her. :shrug::blush:

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on fortune tellers and other mediums. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
What is Catholic teaching on spiritualists and mediums?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.