How do I explain the Trinity to a Jehova witness?

Hello,

I was on my way out the door when a Jehova witness approached me and asked me if I knew that God was greater than Jesus. So I explained to her that God is the father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. She then quoted from her bible John 17, can’t remember the verse but it stated “for my father is greater than me”. So I then found out their bible is different from ours since I wasn’t able to find that chapter in our bible. Please give me some good information so I can explain to her when she comes around again like she said she would.

The following links should help you in your discussions with Jehovah’s Witnesses. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Where does Scripture state that Jesus is God?
*]Are They Awake on The Watchtower?
*] Distinctive Beliefs of the Jehovah’s Witnesses
*]Stumpers for the Jehovah’s Witnesses
*]More Stumpers for the Jehovah’s Witnesses
*] The God of the Jehovah’s Witnesses
*] History of the Jehovah’s Witnesses
*] Strategies of the Jehovah’s Witnesses
[/LIST]
Link to more articles on this cult.

***A useful resource:
***shop.catholic.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/135x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/e/beginning-apologetics-2.5.jpg Beginning Apologetics Volume 2.5: Yes! You Should Believe In The Trinity: How To Answer Jehovah’s Witnesses

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.