How do I go about questioning my diocese's liturgical abuses?

Most of the churches my wife and I attend in our diocese abuse the liturgy in one way or another. This weekend’s Mass had a nun giving the homily. This church, along with others I attend, changes the words of the Eucharistic Prayer and other prayers, changes the words after the Lamb of God, etc. The list goes on and on.

Who should I address these abuses with? The priest who says the Mass, the pastor, the bishop? There are only a few churches in my diocese that seem to have correct rubrics at Mass.

Generally speaking, when addressing liturgical abuses one should work one’s way up the chain of command: the pastor, the bishop, the USCCB, the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, the Pope.

For more information on how to address liturgical abuses in your diocese, I recommend contacting Adoremus (an apostolate especially dedicated to genuine reform of the liturgy) and the St. Joseph Foundation (an apostolate that assists Catholics in asserting their rights within the Church).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.