How do I know Jesus loves me?

Jesus said he came to save only lost sheep of Israel. How do I know he also died for me? When He says to his disciples that he is with them to the end of the ages, how can I aply these words to me? He didn´t say it to me. How do I know Jesus wants me and loves me and all he has ever said…how do people know that these words may be adresses also to them?

As the old children’s song goes: “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.”

Jesus said he came to save only lost sheep of Israel.

Jesus’ initial ministry was to the House of Israel, but after His resurrection He told his disciples to convert the entire world (Matthew 28:19-20).

How do I know he also died for me?

Moreover, we have seen and testify that the Father sent his Son as savior of the world.

• 1 John 4:14

This is good and pleasing to God our savior, who wills everyone to be saved…

• 1 Timothy 2:3-4

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

• John 3:16

He says to his disciples that he is with them to the end of the ages, how can I aply these words to me? He didn´t say it to me. How do I know Jesus wants me and loves me

Jesus said to [Thomas], “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”

• John 20:29

The Church teaches us that God loves us, and whoever listens to the Church listens to Jesus (Luke 10:16).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.