How do I learn humility?

I have a question about Pride. I was always taught the Pride was an important emotion. I saw it more as part of ones self esteem. In my recent involvement in Ministries at my Church, my Pastor has mentioned our pride as an obstacle, more something that is like boasting.Ii am concerned that what I always considered a good attribute is actually a sin. I am guessing that I am presenting something that could be seen as something like what I heard in this weeks Gospel, “the first shall be last” Could I be presenting as “the first” and all knowing? that would be horrible. That is not how I feel.
So my extended question is "if I am presenting to others that way, how do I learn humility (I know what it is) but how can I practice it in my daily life? I participate in my Church because I love our Lord and Savior, I truly know that this has nothing to do with me as a person. I am hoping that I am just an instrument for others, but I could be so wrong.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Barb

The following links should help answer your questions about humility. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Humility
When is it okay to be proud?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.