How do I save my children from the new world order?

I am father of three children, one of them is newborn. I just found out that we (working class) are going to be the slaves of the new world order. Since then I can’t sleep and feel guilty for bringing them to this world. Who is going to have the normal life? What can I do to save my children from this nightmare?

I don’t know what has convinced you that your family will be slaves to a new world order; perhaps a book or a speaker on the subject has upset you. I encourage you to throw out whatever book or tape has disturbed your spiritual peace so much.

Throughout the Gospels, Christ urges us to “Be not afraid!” As but one example, he says to his disciples:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid (John 14:27).

For more examples of New Testament exhortations not to be afraid, click here.

If you continue to worry over this, I encourage you to seek out an orthodox and balanced confessor and/or spiritual director who can give you personal assistance. God bless.

Recommended reading:

Crossing the Threshold of Hope by John Paul II

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.