How do I stop someone from receiving Holy Communion?

When I know someone should not receive Communion ( as in the case of a fallen catholic that has not been to mass or confession or a non-catholic) how do i stop them? or can I? I have said everything I can without blocking their way down the isle. help! what should i do?By the way these are my very close friends.
thanks.

If you friends are unwilling to listen to you, I recommend you seek counsel from your priest.

“Every good Christian ought to be more ready to give a favorable interpretation to another’s statement than to condemn it. But if he cannot do so, let him ask how the other understands it. And if the latter understands it badly, let the former correct him with love. If that does not suffice, let the Christian try all suitable ways to bring the other to a correct interpretation so that he may be saved” (*Catechism of the Catholic Church * no. 2478)

God bless you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.