How do I stop thinking about Gluttony!?!

Hey All,
It seems that since I found out that Gluttony is basically eating when your not hungry I have kinda been stressing out over it, I mean I wasn’t usually eating a lot to start off with in the first place but since finding out it is eating when your not hungry I have been stressing about eating too much or eating when I am not hungry and because of all the stressing out about this I am not feeling hungry because I am stressing out about it.
I have realised that I have started losing weight which isn’t really a good thing as I haven’t really got a lot of body weight on me in the first place.
When I start to feel hungry I’m like ok I’ll have something to eat it isn’t gluttony kinda thing but when I think about Gluttony my hungry appears to vanish and I go back to not feeling hungry and it is really quite frustrating.
Like I am waking up and I’m not having breakfast because I’m not feeling hungry because I am stressing out over eating too much and sometimes I’m like fine I woke up felt a bit hungry but now I thought of gluttony the hungers gone well it’s clear my body needs food and so I have breakfast or a meal etc and then afterwards I’m just like did I just commit Gluttony? Then I worry about that.

So what I am asking is how do I stop worrying about Gluttony so I can actually feel hungry and get back to my normal routine of eating, I usually eat when I am hungry but now I feel like I am not eating when I am hungry just in the rare occasions where my hunger cannot be overpowered.
Please give me some aid with this and please do not say talk to your priest about this I am going to this in several days but in the meantime I need some help so please how do I stop stressing about this.

You are not committing the sin of gluttony. I think you are being scrupulous. You are not overweight, in fact you are already thin and loosing weight. You are not eating too much if you need the food to maintain a healthy weight. Again, you are not committing the sin of gluttony so Jesus wants you to stop thinking that you are committing a sin when you clearly aren't. Be at peace! :)

Ok so for example if I wake up in the morning feel hungry in a bit then the hungry goes away, I still eat it’s not Gluttony. Thats all I have to get into my head eat when i am hungry don’t over think things and enjoy it.
Thanks for your answer though :thumbsup:

I promise you it isn’t gluttony. Please eat what you need to maintain a healthy weight and be at peace. :smiley:

[quote="Convert_in_99, post:4, topic:328772"]
I promise you it isn't gluttony. Please eat what you need to maintain a healthy weight and be at peace. :D

[/quote]

Thank you very much, I know I am scrupulous and I feel I am making progress I am not stressing about everything but this seemed to plague my mind in a sense thank you for your answer though. I wish you a good day and good health.:thumbsup:

Take all of this to your spiritual director who is helping you with your scrupulosity…

[quote="Blackspur7, post:1, topic:328772"]
Hey All,
It seems that since I found out that Gluttony is basically eating when your not hungry I have kinda been stressing out over it, I mean I wasn't usually eating a lot to start off with in the first place but since finding out it is eating when your not hungry I have been stressing about eating too much or eating when I am not hungry and because of all the stressing out about this I am not feeling hungry because I am stressing out about it.
I have realised that I have started losing weight which isn't really a good thing as I haven't really got a lot of body weight on me in the first place.
When I start to feel hungry I'm like ok I'll have something to eat it isn't gluttony kinda thing but when I think about Gluttony my hungry appears to vanish and I go back to not feeling hungry and it is really quite frustrating.
Like I am waking up and I'm not having breakfast because I'm not feeling hungry because I am stressing out over eating too much and sometimes I'm like fine I woke up felt a bit hungry but now I thought of gluttony the hungers gone well it's clear my body needs food and so I have breakfast or a meal etc and then afterwards I'm just like did I just commit Gluttony? Then I worry about that.

So what I am asking is how do I stop worrying about Gluttony so I can actually feel hungry and get back to my normal routine of eating, I usually eat when I am hungry but now I feel like I am not eating when I am hungry just in the rare occasions where my hunger cannot be overpowered.
Please give me some aid with this and please do not say talk to your priest about this I am going to this in several days but in the meantime I need some help so please how do I stop stressing about this.

[/quote]

I ask you to provide me some information please...

Have you read the Catechism from cover to cover?

Are you aware that Gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins?

Do you know the origin of the delineating these 7 deadly sins, that would include Gluttony?

Give me an example of your typical diet.....

Do you eat 3 meals a day, more or less?

Do you drink coffee? How much?

Do you drink alcohol? How much?

Do you smoke? How long?

What is a typical breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Do you eat at home or eat out?

One pitfall here is that by focusing on whether or not you’re committing Gluttony, all of your attention is on yourself. I would recommend looking into the hungry around you, whether your local community or globally. Serving others may be a way to help you stop thinking about Gluttony.

Ahem! Let's be aware and take into account all of the OP's posts. ;)

The OP first stated that they are already thin and that they are LOOSING weight. There is no sin of gluttony if you need to eat (even larger amounts of food) to maintain a healthy weight. Second, they omitted to being scrupulous, so considering the first point (that they are already thin and still LOOSING weight) there is absolutely NO SIN of gluttony for this person.

OP, you are NOT committing the sin of gluttony. I repeat, you are NOT committing the sin of gluttony. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.