How do I understand this smell of roses?

This morning I was reading my daily readings from the bible. My daughter (2 yr.‘s old) is not a morning person, and usually doesn’t move from the chair until she is good and awake. While I was reading she looked over at me and said "Jesus’ church", meaning that she knew what I was reading had to do with God. I replied “yes”. She threw the blanket off of her and came running, and sat beside me. I expected her to say “read to me”, but instead she started getting excited and was saying “I smell it, I smell it” as she had her eyes closed sniffing my opened bible repeatedly. I asked her “what are you smelling”, and she was pointing at my bible saying over and over “smells like roses, Mama”. She was so excited to show me. I am not certain what this means, but it gave me chills! The only thing that I have come across so far (I’m new to the Catholic faith) is Padre Pio’s bleeding stigmata sometimes smelled of roses. What is the meaning behind this?

The following link should help answer your question. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Why is the scent of roses associated with Mary?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.