How do people refer to the sacrament of Penance?

In the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Number 295 states:

It is called the sacrament of Penance, the sacrament of Reconciliation, the sacrament of Forgiveness, the sacrament of Confession, and the sacrament of Conversion.      

At your church how do people refer to the sacrament of Penance?

Confession.

Confession!

Mystery of Reconciliation

Confession informally and with normal speech. Sacrament of Reconciliation for formal speech.

Again, Confession.

Weekly: confession
Bi-annual Penance services.
For children Reconciliation

“I’m going to Confession this afternoon.”

I always tend to refer to it as Confession when talking to other Catholics, but when talking to non-Catholics I call it Reconciliation in order that they understand it’s not like going to the principles office, but getting back into communion with God and the Church.

I recently saw it written as “the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation” and am trying to get into the habit of saying that in presentations, sometimes adding “of which confession is a part.”

But informally and by habit it’s usually “Confession” or “going to confession.”

Confession. However, the 2nd graders make “First Confession” but get a certificate that says “First Reconciliation”. :shrug:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here in the church bulletin the sacrament is listed as Sacrament of Reconciliation.
People call the sacrament Confession.

Confession

Spiritual CPR. Get it? :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.