How Do Prayers Help Angels?

I’m trying to figure something out.

It’s not an uncommon belief that our prayers help angels in the fight between good and evil.

My question is: how?

Is this Church teaching, Tradition, or something else?

It seems like a valid conclusion but I don’t know why.

Hmm… Well. I guess its like a war…and a prayer is a weapon. Our prayers are like swords bullets and grenades in the spiritual. And we are just as involved in the spiritual battle as the angels. And so when we pray, we fight. I hope this helped. I guess prayer is really a weapon in the spiritual realm, the equivalent of slashing with a sword.

I also think that the more of a righteous life we lead, the more power our prayers have. An example would be when the disciples could not cast out a demon, and Jesus told them that this particular type of demon could only be cast out by prayer and fasting. And '‘The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects’ (James 5:16)

As far as church teaching about our prayers adding power to the angels’ battles, I’m not sure of that either, but it makes sense to me.

:confused: I have never heard of that before!, it will be good to know where that idea originated…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.