How do we answer the Evolutionist?

I would like to know where or who I can turn to for help with combating the arrogant evolutionists who sincerely believe that we evolved from primitive beings. They believe they have ‘overwhelming’ evidence and have a ‘logical’ answer for every argument. Your help will be GREATLY appreciated. God Bless You!

“Vatican I solemnly defined that everyone must “confess the world and all things which are contained in it, both spiritual and material, as regards their whole substance, have been produced by God from nothing” (Canons on God the Creator of All Things, canon 5)…

Concerning human evolution, the Church has a more definite teaching. It allows for the possibility that man’s body developed from previous biological forms, under God’s guidance, but it insists on the special creation of his soul. Pope Pius XII declared that “the teaching authority of the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and discussions . . . take place with regard to the doctrine of evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human body as coming from pre-existent and living matter—[but] the Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately created by God” (Pius XII, Humani Generis 36). So whether the human body was specially created or developed, we are required to hold as a matter of Catholic faith that the human soul is specially created; it did not evolve, and it is not inherited from our parents, as our bodies are.

While the Church permits belief in either special creation or developmental creation on certain questions, it in no circumstances permits belief in atheistic evolution.”
catholic.com/library/Adam_Eve_and_Evolution.asp

A good book on the subject is Michael Behe’s book *Darwins Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution * (Amazon.com).

Article: “Did the Human Body Evolve Naturally?” By Father Brian Harrison
rtforum.org/lt/lt73.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.