How do we get a special dispensation during Lent?


I am writing today to see if a group of 100+ Catholic Grade School alum - Resurrection Grade School in St. Louis, MO. can receive a special dispensation to eat meat on March 21,2014 at a large reunion. We do not know how to go about submitting a request or to whom we should correspond. Would this be a parish decision or an archdiocesan decision? Any assistance you can provide in putting us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Yvonne Kadlec
Resurrection Grade School '61


Your bishop can dispense you. Write him a letter, explaining the circumstances. Have a great reunion!

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit