How do we get God to motivate us

God is,
If my motivator in life is sport, music, persons, work relationships and they don’t give me the joy of spirit, or the love of spirit, what do i do?
How could I change?

Godbless

God loves us, it is us who do not respond to His Love.

“If today you hear His voice, harden not your heart …”

Don’t fret, we all feel this way many times. I guess the key is to keep working at whatever area it is.

:blush:

I guess that’s the whole thing but what if I am hearing, not thinking that way or mind in another space? :shrug:

Godbless

Yeh! the world gets in the way,:eek:

Godbless

I guess this is something I struggle myself, I lose motivation very quickly. So I can’t really say much more than keep working at it and hope things will change because life is really just ups and downs, it’s not going to be down forever I guess.

You are right, and I (today coming on from about 7 days ago ) could feel this pulling at my spirit by the human aspect and at times it was hard to feel any comfort at all.
At times it was as though I could feel hell around and in me and the sin of the humanness. IT was not a feeling I want at all. I really cannot explain it because it seems there is no human explanation at all.

But in between was (is) this love that even when my humanness is strong gives me a saturated love that puts me in tears and just as though I am almost floting, it takes over even though I can stil feel the sin all around the “Love” brings tears just from It’s presence.
Today I put on the video “King of Kings” and cried on occasions and then came into my bedroom got onto my knees and prayed /cried.
So thank you for your caring I need it and prayers.
Thanks
Godbless

Let me put my answer another way to your question – God does need us to motivate us.

I might’ve answered differently if your question is how do we get ourselves to be motivated.

God’s Will is as sure as the very air we breathe. Hence all that happens is of God’s Will - either His Direct Will in all the good that happens and His Permissive Will in all that is adverse. God Permits adversity because He can bring a greater good out of that adverse situation than the adverse situation itself. This is Catholic Theology. Hence when adverse or nasty things happen, I unite myself to the Cross of Christ and struggle through it as best I can, knowing God is bringing a greater good out of it than I might every see or know. Trustful confidence.
Such trustful confidence in God’s Loving Will can be most difficult and a trial - and indeed a great suffering in the face of the sufferings of others and especially the great sufferings of the truly innocent. We are called to this suffering on behalf of others and also to do all in our power to alleviate their sufferings.
Mystery! Trustful confidence and Mystery!

***God does need us to motivate us. *** Yes I am in the situation where the motivation is not through not knowing how but turning my mind away from the infringement of the other thought. That puts me into a place I hate, and I get on my knees at times just cry or pray ore just meditate on Jesus love for me.

Barb from your information about the “Introduction to the devout life”. I have taken a lot of it from my PC and will read it thoroughly. I have also just wrung my spiritual director our Carmelite priest and will see him on Wednesday.
I also will (hopefully) be going to the OCDS group in Auckland on Sunday with some others. This should help also.

Please pray for me.

Godbless

Littleone:
[LEFT]

God does need us to motivate us. Yes I am in the situation where the motivation is not through not knowing how but turning my mind away from the infringement of the other thought. That puts me into a place I hate, and I get on my knees at times just cry or pray ore just meditate on Jesus love for me.

We do need The Lord to inspire us on the truths of our Faith! Sometimes though, we can find ourselves in a place of darkness that is full of suffering and difficulty. At such a time to cry or pray and reflect on the love of The Lord for us all is a great blessing and gift!:thumbsup: [/LEFT]

Barb from your information about the “Introduction to the devout life”. I have taken a lot of it from my PC and will read it thoroughly.

I hope that you will find St. Francis de Sales “Introduction to The Devout Life” of great help to you, Wayne. St. Francis was a very saintly person full of great gentleness and wise spiritual insight…a gentle director of souls.

I have also just wrung my spiritual director our Carmelite priest and will see him on Wednesday.

You are very blest indeed in a Carmelite priest for a director and I will be keeping you both in prayer that your journey together will be rich in blessings and good fruits…for both of you!

I also will (hopefully) be going to the OCDS group in Auckland on Sunday with some others. This should help also.

…and doubly blest to have an OCDS group somewhere where you can reach. God’s blessings to you and all in this too!

Please pray for me.

Keeping you in daily prayer, Wayne…and please put me and mine, my intentions in your gentle and prayerful heart too.

…best regards, Wayne, and many rich blessings…Barb:)

Thanks very much, at present I feel so deflated even though at work my work mate (for the first time) told me how he had treated me so unacceptable. He has also been listening to my speaking about the Lord and responding to verses from the bible.
However I get home and my humanness takes over and I feel so deflated and as you can see in some of my notes good things are happening but I crash. It is as though the last strings of humanness are tugging at me. This started when I started praying the Carmelite prayers.

Godbless

I live alone Wayne and am a student part time. Once I get home I can either feel total relief or down in the dumps. Please don’t let go of your humanness:thumbsup: …the more holy we are the more human we become ideally as we become more like Jesus who became wholly human for us. God’s gift to us is our humanity and we are created in His Image.

Blessings and regards…Barb:)

Sorry but I just want to say that this is all like a weight soaking over me it seems that the more I do to love my work mate and the more I read the morning and night prayers the more deeper the sinfulness seems to show up in me or to pressure me.

But my work mate is being set free, coming to a point of having to crack from the past, and also the situations at home are the same. But I feel so nothing although am not depressed rather elated that our Lord is allowing me to go through this for others.

I just don’t like satin ( if it is) seeing my weaknesses, using them although I know God wants to allow this to be for me to become free of it all. Each time I ask Jesus to help me I seem to fall and have to start again. I don’t want to follow others but it all seems the same as Therese talks about, in the little bird not being able to get up a stare without God’s help.

God will win, in the end.
I know.
Godbless

Focus not on the things of this world but of heavenly things, which are far more beautiful, purer, and blessed than the things of this world and which will not fade away but will last for all of eternity. Contemplate Jesus Christ in His Passion as well; this is the very wellspring of love and courage for so many saints throughout the ages. His Death is the supreme proof of His Love for you, littleone.

Trust completely in God’s Mercy. A good book to read is Saint Faustina’s Diary: saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS1.shtml

For some reason this thread I wrote a time ago came up on my PC called “If I wish to love in God’s way”.

I read this in a booklet of St Genna Galgani.
The more good things that happened to her the more she always sought the humblest place and the most menial duties and she wrote " If I have experienced some happy moments they were when i was despised and humiliated".

This is how my situation is now. I took hold of my Degree x2 and all the books and gave them away, took this job I have (collecting rubbish ) first thing in the morning and working with a person who puts me down etc, Gave my money to the poor for what is written above from the thread “If I wish to love in God’s way” I don’t understand how the thread got here but it fits so perfectly, and inline with what you have written.

Godbless

Thanks Barb I have in the past had a problem with that but seem to be getting into line with how it should be now.
Thanks you are right.
Godbless

[LIST]
*]

sorry but I just want to say that this is all like a weight soaking over me it seems that the more I do to love my work mate and the more I read the morning and night prayers the more deeper the sinfulness seems to show up in me or to pressure me.

[/LIST]Try not to let things worry you, Wayne. Trust in Jesus who is holding you close. We are all sinners and will remain so, although it can be the work of Grace to help us understand what sin is and this can press very heavily upon one. Trust Jesus nonetheless who knows all that is happening and has you in His care and in His Heart.

But my work mate is being set free, coming to a point of having to crack from the past, and also the situations at home are the same. But I feel so nothing although am not depressed rather elated that our Lord is allowing me to go through this for others.

The Lord will never try you more than you can endure, Grace is always on your side. All our sufferings whether very small or very great through our Baptism and our state of Grace are united to the Cross of Christ, but even more closely if we do consciously unite our sufferings, most small or most great, to those of Jesus. All our sufferings are redemptive.

I just don’t like satin ( if it is) seeing my weaknesses, using them although I know God wants to allow this to be for me to become free of it all. Each time I ask Jesus to help me I seem to fall and have to start again. I don’t want to follow others but it all seems the same as Therese talks about, in the little bird not being able to get up a stare without God’s help.

None of us can even breathe without God’s Help…so in all things in our lives we need God and His Help and it is always there, always present for us. Falling and starting again is very much, I think, the business of life and our journeys. Saints, it has been said, are sinners who don’t give up!
As the saints grew in holiness, they don’t talk about the Cross less, they talk about it more and that they carry the Cross in some form or other most all their lives…some have come to love and embrace the Cross with Joy.
One of the reasons, I think, in the “Hail Holy Queen” why we call our earthly life “a vale of tears” is because the Cross and sufferings is intrinsic to every journey. But in Heaven “every tear shall be wiped away”.

God will win, in the end.
I know.

Nothing is surer, Wayne…nothing is surer! Amen Alleluia Amen!

Blessings and my regards…Barb:)

The veil has fallen for now and the guilt has passed. Praise God and thank you all for your many prayers which have been heard.

Although I have had human things happen that i didn’t think would happen. I have lost hundreds of $$$ about $1400 in two separate situations both my car, and the money was for my wife and i to try and get a holiday in Australia with my grand children who have no parents (both dead) live. So to smile in the adversity and not to worry is the point I believe God is showing here.

So, thank you all, I keep on going as we all do.
May God bless you all and look over you with His wonderful Love He holds out for you.
Godbless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.