How do we know Jesus isn't part of an alien conspiracy?

The leader of the raelians did state publically that whatever the Pope was for, he was against. So, its not like they are a neutral group or represent just another alternative view. They were formed and driven in part by an anti-Catholic agenda. Not that anyone is bothered by them, anyway.

Alien abductions… there are brain conditions, illnesses, that convince people that their family and relatives have been replaced by lookalike imposters, sounds odd, I know. Similar to some stroke victims who refuse to acknowledge that there is a right hand side, even though they are not blind or paralized on the right side they cannot turn their heads to look to their right, they just refuse to believe in a right hand side to their existance. Why could’nt it be possible that abduction, an unreal dislocation, could be the result of mental illness.

Greg,

If you are from the country of Uruguay, why do you put Memphis Tennessee as your location?

If we are talking about a cosmic map giving where the Earth is in our galaxy, a good site which has a story on this can be found here: astromart.com/news/news.asp?news_id=416

Keep in mind the map is not to scale, and trying to find the Earth from that perspective is like trying to find a sand grain in say, the location you mention from the vantage point of the Moon.

Klaatu barada nikto

Great movie :thumbsup:

Actually you are the one who has come here with this outrageous claim.

Why don’t you provide some reliable evidence? Don’t just say go find it. You supply the links to the stuff you find reliable.

Classic-of course now we are both dating oursleves!:slight_smile:

While I believe that “aliens” exist and I also believe they do visit our planet in our time, I do not believe they created “christ”.

Jesus Christ was a divine being and actually exhisted.

I’ve done some thought on this matter and there seems to be “some” discussion over the internet that there are multiple “aliens” visiting our planet at this time, and some of them have “good” intentions and others have “less good” or frankly “evil” intentions.

Just look at the fruits. Those people who claim to be abducted discuss experience that resemble to a high degree demonic posession. Many abductees suffer debilitating illnesses and suffer psychological symptoms akin to PTSD one of the most devastating mental illnesses. Also, many cults have errupted around the concept of “aliens” such as the heaven’s gate and the scientologists. Please note that there is some evidence on the net suggesting the L. Ron Hubbard was actually a practioner of the occult and satanic rituals. Are you seeing the connection?

After some spiritual discernment, I believe one of the things the “bad aliens” will like the people to believe is that they created “christ”.

Furthermore, though this is purely speculative, while demonic possession does happen, even in our time, I have occassionally wondered if it could happen in a large scale, such as even a species.

In any case, I warn anyone who is interested in UFOs and Aliens to spend your time reading your bible, enjoying life, and praying instead. There isn’t much worth noting. As far as I can tell their only message to humanity is stop polluting your planet.

BK

And another warning. If your easily decieved by the concept that “aliens” created Jesus Christ then your spirituality is lacking and you need to apply yourself. Any Catholic who is close enough to Jesus would never be decieved by such a deception and would recognize it as such.

And finally, over pre-occupation with things like aliens, demonic possession, or the results of the occult is a sign that your being influence negatively by these things. Don’t pay them much attention, focus on Jesus!

BK

I suppose in a way he is. The aliens are satan and his minions who are conspiring to take over the world. Jesus is in charge of God’s counterinsurgency team which is working to crush this conspiracy.

Greg Simon, we of the planet Reticula had planned to spare your world, but now that you have stumbled upon the truth and exposed our activities, we have no choice but to reduce your planet earth to a smoldering cinder. Your post has doomed your world.

Activate Atomizer Ray … NOW!

Sorry Greg, but I’m not aware of such a promise. I thought Jesus spoke about persecutions and suffering. He even said this:

Matthew 10:34-35
Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword. For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 12:51-53
Think ye, that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no; but separation. For there shall be from henceforth five in one house divided: three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against his father, the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother, the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

In fact Jesus said that the last days of the World won’t be very bright:

Matthew 24:15-21
When therefore you shall see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place: he that readeth let him understand. Then they that are in Judea, let them flee to the mountains: And he that is on the housetop, let him not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 And he that is in the field, let him not go back to take his coat. 19 And woe to them that are with child, and that give suck in those days. But pray that your flight be not in the winter, or on the sabbath. For there shall be then great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, neither shall be. And unless those days had been shortened, no flesh should be saved: but for the sake of the elect those days shall be shortened.

How on earth do you get the idea that Jesus promised a peaceful world?

Why aliens could no use an ethereal-mental aspect of us, situation far from our undestanding?

They could. :wink:

HOW WE KNOW Jesus isn’t part of an alien conspiracy?

Perhaps you we are all super smart green creatures with 10 tentacles instead of hands and aliens are brainwashing us to believing what we believe so that we don’t unleash our true potential. They fear us “humans” because they know that we might one day conquer their planets.
How do we know this isn’t true? :stuck_out_tongue:

But maybe it’s not aliens. Maybe it’s all about evil golden fairies! I mean, how do we know that isn’t true, Greg? :wink:

There is so much evidence of alien presence (world trade center’s disaster video apparitions, etc) as catholic miracles.

Ye right. Last thing I heard is that the Jesuits are behind the bombing. And personally I find it easier to believe in Jesuits than in Aliens.

Seriously, stop reading (watching) conspiracy theories. They won’t do you (nor your faith) any good.

closed #33
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.