How do we know when God is looking down on us?

I am a 14 year old Catholic. I am transitioning into what i believe is the adolecent stage of my growth in faith. I am trying to fulfill what i believe is being a well rounded Catholic. So please try to help me become a better and knowlageable adult in my Catholic faith.
Thank you,
sugacoatedangel

For a good answer to the question, read Psalm 139

I believe the answer is : always!

May your growth in faith never end. :slight_smile:

[quote=sugacoatedangel]I am a 14 year old Catholic. I am transitioning into what i believe is the adolecent stage of my growth in faith. I am trying to fulfill what i believe is being a well rounded Catholic. So please try to help me become a better and knowlageable adult in my Catholic faith.
Thank you,
sugacoatedangel
[/quote]

Welcome to the forums! :wave:

There are several teens that post here… all of you make us “old folks” so proud! :yup:

CM

He is not only looking down on us, He is with us in our hearts, minds and souls AND we get to receive Him physically in the Holy Eucharist! He is present in His Word (the Bible) and anywhere two or three are gathered in His name. He is there listening when we simply whisper His name!

Psalm 139 is one of my very favorites, by the way – excellent suggestion!

God knew us, (as scripture says),before we were formed in the womb. It is a comfot to know that we are never alone God is always with us. He even send His angels to protect us.

[quote=sugacoatedangel]I am a 14 year old Catholic. I am transitioning into what i believe is the adolecent stage of my growth in faith. I am trying to fulfill what i believe is being a well rounded Catholic. So please try to help me become a better and knowlageable adult in my Catholic faith.
Thank you,
sugacoatedangel
[/quote]

Angel, you’ve come to the right place. :thumbsup: I think you’ll find the material available on the Catholic Answers website (especially in the library section) of help in being formed into a mature Catholic.

A book you might enjoy and find helpful in developing your spiritual understanding is the autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux, called Story of a Soul.

Hi Sugar___,

God does not only create us; he keeps us in being. It is like electricity in your house. It comes from a power house. If the power house fail, your electricity stops. In the same way, you’re connected to God. If he should let go, you would vanish into nothingness. God is present in every fiber of your being. He knows you better than you know yourself. He created you because he loved you in his mind. And he loves you because he created you.

Verbum

I want to thank you all for your help. Your advise helps me alot to grow and strengthen in faith.
<3sugacoatedangel

A priest said that when we think about doing something, imagine doing it in Church right in front of the tabernacle. If we wouldn’t do it there don’t do it anywhere.

When you were baptized your body became a temple of the Holy Spirit, a tabernacle of God. Wherever you are God is there too.

[quote=carol marie]Welcome to the forums! :wave:

There are several teens that post here… all of you make us “old folks” so proud! :yup:

CM
[/quote]

:tiphat: I second both motions above…welcome and you sure do make we oldies very proud.

…as for God looking down on us…I believe it is all the time which I am sure has power to make all of us uncomfortable to say the least perhaps an aweful lot of t he time. We sinners. We loved by God regadless sinners.

I believe in answer to your question it is called ‘the omnipresence of God’… present at all times and everywhere, no matter! And please someone do correct me if I am wrong.

Again Welcome to you Sugarcoatedangel!:slight_smile:

Barb

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.